Impossibility to run once registered
If you have registered and cannot start, 2 solutions are available: Cancellation Insurance (if you took this option when you registered) or reselling your bibs via Swika website.
Cancellation Insurance for the Ultra, XXL, MaXi, XL, Marathon-Race, Marathon-Expérience (option to be taken when you register)
- We offer cancellation insurance which must be taken when you register. All the information is available here.
- Cancellation insurance is only valid on presentation of an appropriate medical certificate or a certificate from your employer for several days’ business travel abroad.
- If you did not take cancellation insurance when you registered, there is no possibility of refund.
Bib resale for complete races with Swika
- For all complete races (except the R-Race and orienteering races), Swika offers you a bib resale service between competitors until April 15th.
- If you can no longer participate, for whatever reason, you can very easily put your bib on sale on https://www.swika.co/ to make a happy runner who can buy your bib. So if you are unable to do so, drop off your bib in 3 clicks and Swika will credit you by bank transfer the week following the race if your bib finds a buyer.
- As soon as a race is complete and registrations on the MaXi-Race site are closed, Swika will propose a bib re-sale solution for this race.
- Attention, if a race is not complete before April 1st, it will not have a solution of “re-sale or exchange” of bibs and there will be no possibility of refund.
- More information on the dedicated page
Specific case R-Race 2 or 4
There is no possibility of resale of bibs or cancellation insurance for these races.
Registration for the R-Race is made by a team captain who can then manage the names of the other runners or make a change of runners up to 15 days before the race date.
If a team captain can no longer participate in the race, we invite you to send us an email indicating the name of the new team captain so that the organization can make the change.
Specific case of options
Options such as buses, meals… are not refundable or transferable from one person to another.
- Cancellation insurance can only be taken when you register for the following races: Ultra-Race, XXL-Race, MaXi-Race, XL-Race, Marathon-Race and Marathon-Experience
- Cancellation insurance is only valid under the conditions listed below
- Cancellation insurance only refund the cost of registration within the limits listed in the table below.
Options taken in supplements, bank charges, assistance to associations... cannot be refunded
- Refunds are only made to the bank account used to pay for the registration. In the event of a group registration, the refund shall be made to the bank account of the body that made the payment and not to that of the rider.
- Upon receipt of the cancellation insurance request, a confirmation of receipt will be sent to you by email but all refunds will be made in June, once the event is over.
- In the event of cancellation of the race by the organiser, the cancellation insurance does not entitle the organiser to compensation other than that provided for in the regulations referred to in Article 14
- Special case for military personnel: Military personnel assigned to missions abroad during the weekend of the event may obtain a refund of their registration even if they did not subscribe to cancellation insurance when they registered
Cancellation insurance can only be used:
- in case of inability to run during the WE of the event.
In this case, the proof must have the following characteristics:
- be made by a doctor between April 1 and May 23, 2020
- include the following statement: "Mr or Mrs... is unable to run during the W-end from 29 to 31 May 2020".
- or a professional trip abroad imposed by your employer.
In this case, the proof must have the following characteristics:
- be made on letterhead and signed by your employer
- include the following statement: "I, the undersigned, Mr. or Mrs... representing the company... certify that Mr... or Mrs... whose employer I am, will be travelling abroad on business during the weekend of 29-31 May 2019
- provide a copy of flight tickets for travel abroad
How to make the request?
Cancellation insurance requests can only be sent between April 1 and May 23, 2020 by post.
Please respect these dates or your request will not be processed.
We ask you to send by mail an envelope containing the following information:
- the proof of unavailability respecting the conditions listed above.
- a refund request letter containing the following information:
- the date of completion of the mail
- your first and last name
- your postal address
- your telephone number
- your file number (available on your personal space or in the confirmation email you received when you registered)
- the name of the race you are registered for
The postal address for sending the file will be communicated here from April 1st.
Please do not send the application by registered letter. If you wish to have proof of shipment, we invite you to send it by registered letter.
How Swika works
- The Swika platform is the only way to buy or resell your bib outside the event registration platform.
- For all complete races (except the R-Race and Orientation-Race), Swika offers you a bib resale between competitors until April 15.
- If you can no longer participate, for whatever reason, you can very easily put your bib on sale on https://www.swika.co/ to make a happy runner who can buy your registration. So if you are unable to do so, drop off your bib in 3 clicks and Swika will credit you by bank transfer the week following the race if your bib finds a buyer.
As soon as a race is complete and registrations on the MaXi-Race site are closed, Swika will propose a bib re-sale solution for this race.
- Attention, if a race is not complete before April 1st, it will not have a solution of "re-sale or exchange" of bibs and there will be no possibility of refund.
- In the event of use of Swika, all options will be lost and cannot be transferred to the buyer.
- On Swika runners wishing to buy a race number will be able to register on a waiting list and they will be contacted when a race number will be available for re-sale on the platform. The allocation of bibs for sale will be made in the order of registration on the waiting list, except if the person wishing to resell his bib wants to allocate it directly to a runner.
In this case, the rider wishing to assign his bib must indicate the e-mail address of the person to whom he wishes to transfer it.