m of elevation
The Marathon distance has become more and more popular. In 2020 we have decided to change the concept and to create 2 races with a totally different philosophy: the Marathon Experience & Marathon-Race.
The Marathon Expérience will be the opportunity to discover and to win exeperience on middle distance races.
Limited to 1,000 runners, the course will avoid overly technical mountain trails while allowing you to enjoy the emblematic places around Lake Annecy and will start from Doussard as the historic Marathon-race.
On this race there will be no podium or ranking but a medal for all finishers, the objective of this race being to allow you to run for a personnal challenge and for the satisfaction of being a finisher.
Time barriers are calculated so that a runner with an ITRA score of 300 points is finisher. If you have a lower ITRA rating, you can start the race but it is likely that you will not be fast enough to pass the checkpoints within the time limit.
Detailed race informations
Detailed informations (crossing points, supplies, assistance areas, etc.) will be available at the end of september.
In order to collect your bib you will have to present an ID with your photo and your mandatory equipment.
In order to make the bibs collection fast, you will have time slots to collect it according to the race your participate. Details are available on the dedicated page.
If you cannot be present during these time slots, another person can pick it up for you if she presentats your mandatory equipment and a copy of your identity document.
For the R-Race (2 or 4) a person can pick up the bibs for the whole team if she presentats 2 sets of mandatory equipment.
Starts XL, XXL Day 2 and Marathon-Expérience (Sunday)
Information on the start of these races will be communicated shortly.
Information about the assistance areas
The assistance areas are the only places where an accompanying person can come to refuel and help a runner. They are located near the refreshement points. Except these specific places, any other assistance is prohibited even between runners.
In these areas, you can pick and drop anything you want between the green panel (zone entry) and the red panel (zone exit). When you leave this zone, remember to leave with all the mandatory equipment.
The accompanying persons who make the assistance will not be authorized to "enter" the "covered" area used for the runners refreshment points. This rule applies to all the runners, including elite runners.
Information about refreshment points
You will find details of the place of the refreshment points on the board above.
To have the details of the food present at the refreshment points, we invite you to consult the dedicated page.
Please note that the refreshment points are only available for the runners and not for the accompanying persons.
On the R-Race, refreshment points are only available for the runner who have just finished his relay before he has changed his clothes. Runners starting their relay will not be allowed to access to the refreshment points.
Drop bag and luggage locker
On this race there is no drop bag or luggage locker
This mandatory equipment must be presented at the bib collectiob where checks will be made. No derogation will be accepted and the bib cannot be collected if the material is not presented.
For the R-Race, it is possible to present only 2 sets of mandatory equipment to collect the team's bibs.
- "Waterproof and breathable" jacket as Gore-Tex jacket :
- Ultra, XXL, Maxi, XL, Marathon, R-Race: mandatory
- Femina and Short-Race: depends on the weather condition. This will be specified when you will collect your bib. However, it is mandatory to bring the jacket with you when you collect your bib because checks can be carried out.
- Survival blanket in its original and uncut packaging.
- Mobile phone charged
- Water :
- 1 litre minimum container for Ultra, XXL, XL and MaXi-Race
- 0.75 litre container minimum for R-Race, Femina, Short and Marathon
- Water container in addition to your water supply (reusable cup type)
- Headlamp in operation:
- Ultra, XXL, XL Day 1, MaXi, Short-Race: all along the course (remember to take a second battery if necessary)
- R-Race: Mandatory for relay 1 (Start / Semnoz) and relay 4 (Menthon-St-Bernard / Finish) / Not mandatory for relays 2 and 3 (between Semnoz and Menthon-St-Bernard)
- Femina, Marathon, XXL and XL J2: not mandatory
- Personnal food and drink
- Suitable shoes (trail shoes type).
- Visible bib (to be placed on the front of the runner. A second microchip will be attached to the back of your backpack).
- Poles are authorized
- In case of bad weather, we strongly recommend that you adapt your equipment. You will run on a mountain route and technical clothing are strongly recommended + long pants + headgear (buff® or hat) + long gloves.