m of elevation
The Marathon distance has become more and more popular. We have decided to change the concept and to create 2 races with a totally different philosophy: the Marathon Experience & Marathon-Race.
The Marathon Expérience will be the opportunity to discover and to win experience on middle distance trail running races.
Limited to 1,200 runners, the course will avoid overly technical mountain trails while allowing you to enjoy the emblematic places around Lake Annecy and will start from Doussard as the historic Marathon-race.
Information about Marathon-Expérience
On this race there will be no podium but you will have your race time and ranking to have ITRA ranking and point.
At the end of the race, all the finishers will have a medal.
Time limits are calculated so that a runner with an ITRA ranking of 300 points will be finisher. If you have a lower ITRA ranking, you can take part in the race but we invite you to prepare and train seriously to be fast enough to pass the checkpoints within the time limits.
Detailed race informations
In order to collect your bib you will have to present an ID with your photo and your mandatory equipment.
In order to make the bibs collection fast, you will have time slots to collect it according to the race your participate. Details are available on the dedicated page.
Attention, because of the sanitary protocols and the obligatory control of the sanitary pass, the presence of the runner is obligatory during the withdrawal of the numbers.
For team races, all teammates must be present at the time of number collection
Starts XL, XXL Day 2 and Marathon-Expérience (Sunday)
Start will be given from 8:30 am in waves of 350 runners maximum.
Your race time will start when you cross the start line.
The time barriers are calculated on the starting time of the last wave.
- 8h30 : Wave 1 - Elite runner (performance index higher than 643) + 350 runners - performance index higher than 500
- 8h45 : Wave 2 - 350 runners - performance index between 430 and 500
- 9h00 : Wave 3 - 350 runners - performance index between 250 and 429
- 9h15 : Wave 4 - 350 runners - runners with a performance index less than 250 OR without performance index
To know your performance index, you can click here
On this race there is no assistance area. Any assistance is prohibited even between runners.
Information about refreshment points
You will find details of the place of the refreshment points on the board above.
To have the details of the food present at the refreshment points, we invite you to consult the dedicated page.
Please note that the refreshment points are only available for the runners and not for the accompanying persons.
On the R-Race, refreshment points are only available for the runner who have just finished his relay before he has changed his clothes. Runners starting their relay will not be allowed to access to the refreshment points.
Drop bag and luggage locker
On this race there is no drop bag or luggage locker
This mandatory equipment must be presented at the bib collection where checks will be made. No derogation will be accepted and the bib cannot be collected if the material is not presented.
For the R-Race, it is possible to present only 2 sets of mandatory equipment to collect the team's bibs.
- Cold weather kit
The prefecture has asked us to provide a cold weather kit whose activation will be decided at the latest 24 hours before the event depending on the weather conditions.
This kit includes: 1 long-sleeved upper body layer like a fleece + 1 long stocking + 1 pair of long gloves + 1 head covering (buff or cap)
- "Waterproof and breathable" jacket as Gore-Tex jacket :
- Ultra, XXL, Maxi, XL, Marathon, R-Race, Night : mandatory
- Femina and Short-Race: depends on the weather condition. This will be specified when you will collect your bib. However, it is mandatory to bring the jacket with you when you collect your bib because checks can be carried out.
- Survival blanket in its original and uncut packaging.
- Mobile phone charged
- Water :
- 1 litre minimum container for Ultra, XXL, XL and MaXi-Race
- 0.75 litre container minimum for R-Race, Femina, Short and Marathon
- Water container in addition to your water supply (reusable cup type)
- Headlamp in operation:
- Ultra, XXL, XL, MaXi, Night, R-Race, Marathon Race and Expérience : all along the course (remember to take a second battery if necessary)
- Femina, Marathon: not mandatory
- Proof of a health pass valid between October 29 and 21, 2021
- Personnal food and drink
- Suitable shoes (trail shoes type).
- Visible bib (to be placed on the front of the runner. On some races, a second microchip will be attached to the back of your backpack).
- Poles are authorized
- In case of bad weather, we strongly recommend that you adapt your equipment. You will run on a mountain route and technical clothing are strongly recommended + long pants + headgear (buff® or hat) + long gloves.