m of ascent
ITRA ranking min
New in 2020, the Marathon distance, which has become very popular, split into two races with a totally different philosophy: the Marathon Experience & the Marathon Race.
The Marathon-Race will be reserved for experimented runners with competitive feeling.
The race will start from Talloires with an intense and steep climb and technical downhill. Only 15 km will be in common with the Marathon- eXperience, mainly at the end of the course….
The number of runners is limited to 1000 in order to ensure optimal racing conditions.
On this race, we want to encourage the autonomy of the runners and have decided to prohibit assistance and to only porpose water point on the race. To complete this process, we have decided to include the shuttle bus to reach the starting line in the registration fee.
To register for this race, you will need to have an ITRA rating of at least 450 points. Runners with a lower hillside will not be able to participate in this race but will be able to register in all other formats and in particular the Marathon-Experience.
Detailed race informations
Detailed informations (crossing points, supplies, assistance areas, etc.) will be available at the end of september.
In order to collect your bib you will have to present an ID with your photo and your mandatory equipment.
In order to make the bibs collection fast, you will have time slots to collect it according to the race your participate. Details are available on the dedicated page.
If you cannot be present during these time slots, another person can pick it up for you if she presentats your mandatory equipment and a copy of your identity document.
For the R-Race (2 or 4) a person can pick up the bibs for the whole team if she presentats 2 sets of mandatory equipment.
Detailed information on the start and SAS will be provided shortly.
Information about the assistance areas
The assistance areas are the only places where an accompanying person can come to refuel and help a runner. They are located near the refreshement points. Except these specific places, any other assistance is prohibited even between runners.
In these areas, you can pick and drop anything you want between the green panel (zone entry) and the red panel (zone exit). When you leave this zone, remember to leave with all the mandatory equipment.
The accompanying persons who make the assistance will not be authorized to "enter" the "covered" area used for the runners refreshment points. This rule applies to all the runners, including elite runners.
Information about refreshment points
You will find details of the place of the refreshment points on the board above.
To have the details of the food present at the refreshment points, we invite you to consult the dedicated page.
Please note that the refreshment points are only available for the runners and not for the accompanying persons.
On the R-Race, refreshment points are only available for the runner who have just finished his relay before he has changed his clothes. Runners starting their relay will not be allowed to access to the refreshment points.
Drop bag and luggage locker
On this race there is no drop bag or luggage locker
This mandatory equipment must be presented at the bib collectiob where checks will be made. No derogation will be accepted and the bib cannot be collected if the material is not presented.
For the R-Race, it is possible to present only 2 sets of mandatory equipment to collect the team's bibs.
- "Waterproof and breathable" jacket as Gore-Tex jacket :
- Ultra, XXL, Maxi, XL, Marathon, R-Race: mandatory
- Femina and Short-Race: depends on the weather condition. This will be specified when you will collect your bib. However, it is mandatory to bring the jacket with you when you collect your bib because checks can be carried out.
- Survival blanket in its original and uncut packaging.
- Mobile phone charged
- Water :
- 1 litre minimum container for Ultra, XXL, XL and MaXi-Race
- 0.75 litre container minimum for R-Race, Femina, Short and Marathon
- Water container in addition to your water supply (reusable cup type)
- Headlamp in operation:
- Ultra, XXL, XL Day 1, MaXi, Short-Race: all along the course (remember to take a second battery if necessary)
- R-Race: Mandatory for relay 1 (Start / Semnoz) and relay 4 (Menthon-St-Bernard / Finish) / Not mandatory for relays 2 and 3 (between Semnoz and Menthon-St-Bernard)
- Femina, Marathon, XXL and XL J2: not mandatory
- Personnal food and drink
- Suitable shoes (trail shoes type).
- Visible bib (to be placed on the front of the runner. A second microchip will be attached to the back of your backpack).
- Poles are authorized
- In case of bad weather, we strongly recommend that you adapt your equipment. You will run on a mountain route and technical clothing are strongly recommended + long pants + headgear (buff® or hat) + long gloves.