m of ascent
ITRA ranking min
New, the Marathon distance, which has become very popular, split into two races with a totally different philosophy: the Marathon Experience & the Marathon Race.
The Marathon-Race will be reserved for experimented runners with competitive feeling.
The race will start from Talloires with an intense and steep climb and technical downhill. Only 15 km will be in common with the Marathon- eXperience, mainly at the end of the course….
The number of runners is limited to 700 in order to ensure optimal racing conditions.
Important information about the Race Marathon
On this race, we want to encourage the autonomy of the riders and have decided to prohibit assistance and not to offer solid supplies, only water points on the course. To complete this process, we have decided to include the shuttle bus to get to the start of the race in the registration fee.
The route will only be communicated the day before departure to avoid upstream sightings.
To register for this race, you will need to have a minimum ITRA ranking of at 450 points. Runners with a lower hillside will not be able to participate in this race but will be able to register in all other formats and in particular the Marathon-EXperience.
Time barriers are calculated so that a runner with an ITRA rating of 500 pts is finisher. If you have a ranking between 450 and 500 you will be ablle register but we invite you to train and prepare your race seriously to be able to cross the time barriers within the time limits.
In order to collect your bib you will have to present an ID with your photo and your mandatory equipment.
In order to make the bibs collection fast, you will have time slots to collect it according to the race your participate. Details are available on the dedicated page.
If you cannot be present during these time slots, another person can pick it up for you if she presents your mandatory equipment and a copy of your identity document.
For the R-Race (2 or 4) a person can pick up the bibs for the whole team if she presentats 2 sets of mandatory equipment.
The Race Marathon will start at 6:30 am in waves of 250 runners maximum.
Your race time will start when you cross the starting line.
The time barriers are calculated on the starting time of the last wave.
Starting waves (the precise distribution will be made 45 days before the event according to the level of the registered riders but you will find below the estimations of distribution according to the ITRA climbs):
- 6h30 : Wave 1 - Elite line (runners with an ITRA ranking between 790 and 950) and 200 runners (runners with an ITRA ranking higher than 580pts)
- 6h40 : Wave 2 - 250 runners (runners with an ITRA ranking between 500 and 579 pts)
- 6h50 : Wave 3 - 250 runners (runners with an ITRA ranking of less than 500 pts)
Drop bag and luggage locker
On this race there is no drop bag or luggage locker
This mandatory equipment must be presented at the bib collection where checks will be made. No derogation will be accepted and the bib cannot be collected if the material is not presented.
For the R-Race, it is possible to present only 2 sets of mandatory equipment to collect the team's bibs.
- "Waterproof and breathable" jacket as Gore-Tex jacket :
- Ultra, XXL, Maxi, XL, Marathon, R-Race: mandatory
- Femina and Short-Race: depends on the weather condition. This will be specified when you will collect your bib. However, it is mandatory to bring the jacket with you when you collect your bib because checks can be carried out.
- Survival blanket in its original and uncut packaging.
- Mobile phone charged
- Water :
- 1 litre minimum container for Ultra, XXL, XL and MaXi-Race
- 0.75 litre container minimum for R-Race, Femina, Short and Marathon
- Water container in addition to your water supply (reusable cup type)
- Headlamp in operation:
- Ultra, XXL, XL Day 1, MaXi : all along the course (remember to take a second battery if necessary)
- R-Race: Mandatory for relay 1 (Start / Semnoz) and relay 4 (Menthon-St-Bernard / Finish) / Not mandatory for relays 2 and 3 (between Semnoz and Menthon-St-Bernard)
- Femina, Marathon, XXL and XL J2: not mandatory
- Personnal food and drink
- Suitable shoes (trail shoes type).
- Visible bib (to be placed on the front of the runner. On some races, a second microchip will be attached to the back of your backpack).
- Poles are authorized
- In case of bad weather, we strongly recommend that you adapt your equipment. You will run on a mountain route and technical clothing are strongly recommended + long pants + headgear (buff® or hat) + long gloves.
Information about Option
You will find bellow details and explanations of the different options that can be taken.
You can take these options when you register or later on your personal space before the platform is no longer accessible (around the beginning of April)
Live tracking by Appli or GPS with Dotvision
Dotvision Motion offers to follow you in real time on the GreenWeez MaXi-Race.
- Appli to download = 10€
For the short races you can use the application to upload to your smartphone.
Book this option when you register or later by going to your personal area and you will receive a code allowing you to use the application during the race.
- GPS tracking rental = 25€
For longer races, we advise you to rent a GPS tracker because depending on your smartphone the autonomy may not be sufficient. However, you can use the application if you have a powerbank for example.
Book this option when you register or later by going to your personal space.
Race profil with Trace de Trail
- Race profile = 3€
On your bib will be present the profile of the race but you can buy a race profile, made on a tear-proof and waterproof support, of a dimension of 16cm by 6cm.
On 1-day races, on the front side the race profile will be printed and on the back side the race table with time barriers where you can write your estimated passage times. On 2-day races, the profile of each day will be indicated on each side.
- Race profile with reel = 6€
In addition to the race profile, you can buy a reel system to attach your race profil with a clip on your backpack or clothing. It will allow you to visualize your profile and have it return to its position on its own.
You can take these options when you register or by going to your personal space. The profiles will be collected when you pick up your bibs on the MaXi-Village
Meal options will not be open at the time of registration. We are waiting for the evolution of the health protocols to know if we will open or not these options.
For information, you will find below the details of the 2020 edition:
We offer meals for runners as well as for those accompanying them.
Meals are taken in the tent of the MaXi-Village.
Friday: 18h30-21h30 / Saturday: 12h00-6h00 (Sunday - meal provided all night for finishers) / Sunday: 12h00-16h00
The price is 10€ for runners and 12€ for accompanying persons.
Following the success of last year, we have decided to renew the limited edition of the MaXi-casquette at the price of 10€.
Attention limited stock, think of reserving it when you register.
One size fits all.
The cap will be to be removed the weekend of the event at the MaXi-Boutique with the confirmation email.
Annecy lake 3d map
Do you want to keep a souvenir of your adventure in Annecy?
Discover the 3d map of the tour of Lake Annecy where you will find details of the main massifs as well as the historical route of the MaXi-Race, course of the 2015 IAU Trail World Championships.
Dimensions: 29.5cm by 19.5cm
This card can be ordered during your registration at the rate of 17€ and you could pick up the weekend of the event at the MaXi-Boutique with the confirmation email.