The MaXi-Night is a race created in 2018 that traditionally takes place in October and offers a course to be completed at dusk in duo!
Following the postponement of the MaXi-Race in October, we have chosen to integrate in 2021 this course in the race program of the event while keeping the DNA that made its success: start at sunset, course to be completed mostly at night, race to be done as a team …
With a sunset start at an altitude of 1300m, the 37km course of the Maxi-Night will pass this year on the paths of the eastern shore of Lake Annecy to arrive on the beach of Albigny
Conviviality, sharing and surpassing oneself will be the program of this event!
You will live a unique adventure as a team to spend 3h30 to 10h at night and in semi-autonomy on a trail made by local runners.
To make you live this adventure while remaining safe, markers will be put in place only on the passages of road with traffic and a beaconing will be present. The course will also be opened by our staff a few minutes before you but we advise you to download the GPS track of the race on your watch or smartphone. It will be especially useful if we are unmarked or if you miss an intersection.
Technical information of the race
- Number of places limited
- Specificity of the MaXi-Night in duo
– Mutual aid between teammates is allowed (even recommended) because it is a team race, but external assistance is forbidden
– From the beginning to the end of the race, the two runners must stay together (within sight of each other and at a maximum distance of 30 to 35 meters). If there is only one runner left, the team will be disqualified and no runner will be allowed to continue the course alone in an official setting (therefore not taking advantage of the refreshment stands, nor of the security set up for runners officially in the race).
- Bib collection will be available on saturday on booking. More information on the dedicated page
- Start of the race at 6:30 pm from the col de la forclaz (a little higher – 1km walk to reach the start)
- Estimated race time :
– arrival around 19:30 for the first ones (estimated ITRA hill of 850)
– arrival of the last ones at the latest at 02h00 on Sunday = 10h00 of race
- 1 refreshment station
- Type of terrain: Trails and big tracks (some road passages).
- No Podiums – It’s for the fun of the 1st to the last
- Identical finisher prizes for all !!!
Information about refreshment points
You will find details of the place of the refreshment points on the board above.
To have the details of the food present at the refreshment points, we invite you to consult the dedicated page.
Please note that the refreshment points are only available for the runners and not for the accompanying persons.
On the R-Race, refreshment points are only available for the runner who have just finished his relay before he has changed his clothes. Runners starting their relay will not be allowed to access to the refreshment points.
This mandatory equipment must be presented at the bib collection where checks will be made. No derogation will be accepted and the bib cannot be collected if the material is not presented.
For the R-Race, it is possible to present only 2 sets of mandatory equipment to collect the team's bibs.
- Cold weather kit
The prefecture has asked us to provide a cold weather kit whose activation will be decided at the latest 24 hours before the event depending on the weather conditions.
This kit includes: 1 long-sleeved upper body layer like a fleece + 1 long stocking + 1 pair of long gloves + 1 head covering (buff or cap)
- "Waterproof and breathable" jacket as Gore-Tex jacket :
- Ultra, XXL, Maxi, XL, Marathon, R-Race, Night : mandatory
- Femina and Short-Race: depends on the weather condition. This will be specified when you will collect your bib. However, it is mandatory to bring the jacket with you when you collect your bib because checks can be carried out.
- Survival blanket in its original and uncut packaging.
- Mobile phone charged
- Water :
- 1 litre minimum container for Ultra, XXL, XL and MaXi-Race
- 0.75 litre container minimum for R-Race, Femina, Short and Marathon
- Water container in addition to your water supply (reusable cup type)
- Headlamp in operation:
- Ultra, XXL, XL, MaXi, Night, R-Race, Marathon Race and Expérience : all along the course (remember to take a second battery if necessary)
- Femina, Marathon: not mandatory
- Proof of a health pass valid between October 29 and 21, 2021
- Personnal food and drink
- Suitable shoes (trail shoes type).
- Visible bib (to be placed on the front of the runner. On some races, a second microchip will be attached to the back of your backpack).
- Poles are authorized
- In case of bad weather, we strongly recommend that you adapt your equipment. You will run on a mountain route and technical clothing are strongly recommended + long pants + headgear (buff® or hat) + long gloves.