The MaXi-Night is a race created in 2018 that traditionally takes place in October and offers a course to be completed at dusk in duo!
Following the postponement of the MaXi-Race in October, we have chosen to integrate in 2021 this course in the race program of the event while keeping the DNA that made its success: start at sunset, course to be completed mostly at night, race to be done as a team …
With a sunset start at an altitude of 1300m, the 37km course of the Maxi-Night will pass this year on the paths of the eastern shore of Lake Annecy to arrive on the beach of Albigny
Conviviality, sharing and surpassing oneself will be the program of this event!
You will live a unique adventure as a team to spend 3h30 to 10h at night and in semi-autonomy on a trail made by local runners.
To make you live this adventure while remaining safe, markers will be put in place only on the passages of road with traffic and a beaconing will be present. The course will also be opened by our staff a few minutes before you but we advise you to download the GPS track of the race on your watch or smartphone. It will be especially useful if we are unmarked or if you miss an intersection.
Technical information of the race
- Number of places limited
- Specificity of the MaXi-Night in duo
– Mutual aid between teammates is allowed (even recommended) because it is a team race, but external assistance is forbidden
– From the beginning to the end of the race, the two runners must stay together (within sight of each other and at a maximum distance of 30 to 35 meters). If there is only one runner left, the team will be disqualified and no runner will be allowed to continue the course alone in an official setting (therefore not taking advantage of the refreshment stands, nor of the security set up for runners officially in the race).
- Bib collection in Annecy-le-Vieux between 4:30 and 5:15 pm (more details to come)
- Start of the race at 6:30 pm from the col de la forclaz (a little higher – 1km walk to reach the start)
- Estimated race time :
– arrival around 19:30 for the first ones (estimated ITRA hill of 850)
– arrival of the last ones at the latest at 02h00 on Sunday = 10h00 of race
- 1 refreshment station
- Type of terrain: Trails and big tracks (some road passages).
- No Podiums – It’s for the fun of the 1st to the last
- Identical finisher prizes for all !!!
Information about refreshment points
You will find details of the place of the refreshment points on the board above.
To have the details of the food present at the refreshment points, we invite you to consult the dedicated page.
Please note that the refreshment points are only available for the runners and not for the accompanying persons.
On the R-Race, refreshment points are only available for the runner who have just finished his relay before he has changed his clothes. Runners starting their relay will not be allowed to access to the refreshment points.
This mandatory equipment must be presented at the bib collection where checks will be made. No derogation will be accepted and the bib cannot be collected if the material is not presented.
For the R-Race, it is possible to present only 2 sets of mandatory equipment to collect the team's bibs.
- "Waterproof and breathable" jacket as Gore-Tex jacket :
- Ultra, XXL, Maxi, XL, Marathon, R-Race: mandatory
- Femina and Short-Race: depends on the weather condition. This will be specified when you will collect your bib. However, it is mandatory to bring the jacket with you when you collect your bib because checks can be carried out.
- Survival blanket in its original and uncut packaging.
- Mobile phone charged
- Water :
- 1 litre minimum container for Ultra, XXL, XL and MaXi-Race
- 0.75 litre container minimum for R-Race, Femina, Short and Marathon
- Water container in addition to your water supply (reusable cup type)
- Headlamp in operation:
- Ultra, XXL, XL Day 1, MaXi : all along the course (remember to take a second battery if necessary)
- R-Race: Mandatory for relay 1 (Start / Semnoz) and relay 4 (Menthon-St-Bernard / Finish) / Not mandatory for relays 2 and 3 (between Semnoz and Menthon-St-Bernard)
- Femina, Marathon, XXL and XL J2: not mandatory
- Personnal food and drink
- Suitable shoes (trail shoes type).
- Visible bib (to be placed on the front of the runner. On some races, a second microchip will be attached to the back of your backpack).
- Poles are authorized
- In case of bad weather, we strongly recommend that you adapt your equipment. You will run on a mountain route and technical clothing are strongly recommended + long pants + headgear (buff® or hat) + long gloves.
Information about Option
You will find bellow details and explanations of the different options that can be taken.
You can take these options when you register or later on your personal space before the platform is no longer accessible (around the beginning of April)
Live tracking by Appli or GPS with Dotvision
Dotvision Motion offers to follow you in real time on the GreenWeez MaXi-Race.
- Appli to download = 10€
For the short races you can use the application to upload to your smartphone.
Book this option when you register or later by going to your personal area and you will receive a code allowing you to use the application during the race.
- GPS tracking rental = 25€
For longer races, we advise you to rent a GPS tracker because depending on your smartphone the autonomy may not be sufficient. However, you can use the application if you have a powerbank for example.
Book this option when you register or later by going to your personal space.
Race profil with Trace de Trail
- Race profile = 3€
On your bib will be present the profile of the race but you can buy a race profile, made on a tear-proof and waterproof support, of a dimension of 16cm by 6cm.
On 1-day races, on the front side the race profile will be printed and on the back side the race table with time barriers where you can write your estimated passage times. On 2-day races, the profile of each day will be indicated on each side.
- Race profile with reel = 6€
In addition to the race profile, you can buy a reel system to attach your race profil with a clip on your backpack or clothing. It will allow you to visualize your profile and have it return to its position on its own.
You can take these options when you register or by going to your personal space. The profiles will be collected when you pick up your bibs on the MaXi-Village
Meal options will not be open at the time of registration. We are waiting for the evolution of the health protocols to know if we will open or not these options.
For information, you will find below the details of the 2020 edition:
We offer meals for runners as well as for those accompanying them.
Meals are taken in the tent of the MaXi-Village.
Friday: 18h30-21h30 / Saturday: 12h00-6h00 (Sunday - meal provided all night for finishers) / Sunday: 12h00-16h00
The price is 10€ for runners and 12€ for accompanying persons.
Following the success of last year, we have decided to renew the limited edition of the MaXi-casquette at the price of 10€.
Attention limited stock, think of reserving it when you register.
One size fits all.
The cap will be to be removed the weekend of the event at the MaXi-Boutique with the confirmation email.
Annecy lake 3d map
Do you want to keep a souvenir of your adventure in Annecy?
Discover the 3d map of the tour of Lake Annecy where you will find details of the main massifs as well as the historical route of the MaXi-Race, course of the 2015 IAU Trail World Championships.
Dimensions: 29.5cm by 19.5cm
This card can be ordered during your registration at the rate of 17€ and you could pick up the weekend of the event at the MaXi-Boutique with the confirmation email.