MaXi-Race 82 km
The MaXi-Race, an 83km Ultra trail, is without doubt a demanding mountain course, truly a personal challenge which requires dedicated and detailed preparation!
- 83km – 5200m of climb and descent
- Date : Saturday May 25
- Reference times
- Ladies: Natahlie MAUCLAIR (FRA) in 9h30
- Men : Sylvain COURT (FRA) in 8h15
- In 2019: Limited to 1800 runners, the race is generally full in 15 to 20 days
- Arrival times:
- 1st Men around 12.00pm-12.30pm
- 1st Ladies around 01.00pm-01.30pm
- 100th finisher around 04.00pm
- 500th finisher around 07.30pm
- 1000th finisher around 10.30pm
- Last finisher around 11.30am
- On arrival, pick up your FINISHER’s gift: a high-quality Salomon technical garment!
- Awards ceremony at 5pm ->10 first men + 5 first ladies + first men and ladies in each age category
- The Maxi-Race (83km) is open to all men and ladies aged over 20 years (born in 1998 or earlier), no membership to an association is required. A medical certificate is, however, compulsory.
- With this race you will win 4 new ITRA points (=UTMB points)
Bib number collection and start of the race
Bib number and welcome pack collection in Annecy-le-Vieux : Plage D’Albigny, Avenue du Petit Port, 74940 Annecy-le-Vieux
- Wednesday 27 March 2019: deadline for submitting your medical certificate (signed and stamped) or FFA (or FFTRI) membership in your account.
- Friday 24 May from 12.30pm to 6.30pm: Bib number and welcome pack collection in Annecy-le-Vieux. Don’t forget your proof of ID (ID card/passport or membership photo card) and your bag containing the compulsory equipment.
- Saturday 25 May:
- 03.00am entry and starting line up in order of bib numbers, allocated according to your ITRA ranking
- 03.15am : Briefing.
- 03.30am : Start of the race
- 05.30pm : Podium → Program details
Bring enough food and water to get you from one point to the next in any weather conditions (extreme heat, cold, etc.).
- Rav 1: km18 → Semnoz Summit
- Water point : km 37 →Les Maisons
- Rav 2 : km 45 food → Salle des fêtes, Doussard
- Water point : km 54 → La côte – Montmin
- Rav 3 : km 67 → Villard-dessus
Please note that you will not have water at Mont Barron Summit.
- Light Rav : km 83 → Annecy-le-Vieux Beach, refreshment point made of local products.
- Rav 1: Semnoz Summit
- Rav 2 : Salle des fêtes, Doussard
- Rav 3 : Villard Dessus. Assistance is forbidden. The access road will be closed in 2019
In these assistance zones, you will be able to pick up and drop off anything you want between the green sign (entrance) and the red sign (exit). On exit, make sure you are still carrying all the compulsory equipment ;o)
No runner’s assistants will be allowed in the enclosed zones (gymnasium or marquee). This rule applies to everyone, including the elite runners. Any assistance must therefore take place before or after these zones, between the green sign (start of zone) and the red sign (end of zone).
There is no drop bag for this race.
- Start : MaXi-Village = 03.30am
- KM 7.5: Crossing the Route du Semnoz = 05.00am
- Km 18: Summit of Semnoz (Rav 1) = 07.30am
- Km 37: “Les maisons” water point = 11.30am
- Km 45: Doussard (Rav 2) = 12.45pm
- Km 57 : Climb to chalet de l’Aulp = 03.30pm
- Km 67 : Villard Dessus (Rav 3) = 06.15pm
PLEASE NOTE anyone passing after 6pm, the final section of the race is on very technical single track and you will likely be running at night. We will therefore ask you to be wearing your head torch when you set off. If a race official sees you without a head torch, or with one which doesn’t work, you will be immediately removed from the race. Be sure, therefore, to bring spare batteries if needed.
PLEASE NOTE : The access road for rav 3 will be closed in 2019
- Km 74.5 : Col des contrebandiers = 09.30pm
- KM 75.5 : After 09.30pm runners will take the second track to reach the end of the race.
This mean that after 09.30pm, runners will take an another track which is less dangerous by night. You will be considered as a finisher but you will have a few minutes time ajustment
- Km 78.5 : Pré Vernet = 12.30am (Sunday)
- End of the race (no more finishers gifts, and transport by minibus) at 01.30am (Sunday)
- “Waterproof, breathable” Gore-Tex style jacket
- Emergency blanket in its original packaging and not cut up ;o).
- Fully charged mobile phone
- Water container min 1 litre (there will be long sections without water, so be aware of your own needs). You alone are responsible for managing your water!
- There will be no cups available at the refreshment points or at the finish line, so bring a reusable cup or similar in addition to your water pack. No cup means no drinks!
- Head torch for the whole course, even if you are at the front of the pack. Bring spare batteries if your model requires it. If your head torch doesn’t work, you will be removed from the race.
- Food: there will only be 3 full and 2 very light refreshment points. Be sure to have enough to keep you going between these points.
- Suitable shoes (trail running shoes)
- The race bib must be visible and worn on the front (no complaints will be heard if we are unable to place you for this reason). You’ll be given a second electronic chip to attach to the rear of your backpack.
- Poles are allowed
- In case of bad weather, we strongly recommend you choose your equipment accordingly. Conditions in the mountains can change rapidly. We strongly recommend technical clothing, long trousers, a hat or buff® to cover your head, long gloves.
42km by night in team of 2 / Start from Semnoz summit to reach Poisy / 1650mD- & 540m D+
- + min €1 to charity
- + €2.5 extra for payment cost
- + €1 extra for non-members of the FFA (for insurance)
10% increase on all prices after 01 February 2019
- Friday evening meal: €12 per person
- Post-race meal : €12 per person
- Cancellation insurance: see price and conditions on the relevant page
- MaXi-Race cap : €15
- Race picture : 18€ (More information on the enrolment page)
Free registration (excluding meals)
770 : Bib reserved but you have to buy
820 : Free*
Cote Itra à partir de
650 : Bib reserved but you have to buy
700 : Free*
*Within the limits of the avalaible bibs
Check your ITRA ranking: click here
What to do:
Email Cyril C.firstname.lastname@example.org to make your request