m of ascent
The MaXi-Race, the course of the 2015 Trail World Championships, is historically THE race that allows you to run around Lake Annecy by the mountains!
The different mountains you will cross: Semnoz, Tournette, Mont Veyrier will offer you unique views on lake Annecy and its various facets.
With an early departure on Saturday, you will also have the opportunity to experience the sunrise at the top of Semnoz with a 360° view on the lake but also on Mont Blanc summit, an unforgettable experience!
Time limits are calculated so that a runner with an ITRA ranking of 400 points will be finisher. If you have a lower ITRA ranking, you can take part in the race but we invite you to prepare and train seriously to be fast enough to pass the checkpoints within the time limits.
Detailed race informations
In order to collect your bib you will have to present an ID with your photo and your mandatory equipment.
In order to make the bibs collection fast, you will have time slots to collect it according to the race your participate. Details are available on the dedicated page.
If you cannot be present during these time slots, another person can pick it up for you if she presents your mandatory equipment and a copy of your identity document.
For the R-Race (2 or 4) a person can pick up the bibs for the whole team if she presentats 2 sets of mandatory equipment.
Start MaXi, XL D1 and R-Race
Starting waves will be created and will start between 3h30 and 4h20
The distribution within the waves will be based on your race and your bib number assigned according to your ITRA ranking. When you register, we invite you to check that you are recognized by ITRA if you already have a rating. Once the race numbers have been assigned, no changes can be made.
Your race time will start when you cross the starting line
- 3.30am : 1st wave MaXi & XL according to the ITRA ranking
- 3.40am : R-Race
- 4.00am : 2cd waves MaXi & XL according to the ITRA ranking
- 4.10am : 3rd waves MaXi & XL according to the ITRA ranking
- 4.20am : 4th waves MaXi & XL according to the ITRA ranking
The distribution into the waves will be communicated here 3 weeks before the race
Information about the assistance areas
The assistance areas are the only places where an accompanying person can come to refuel and help a runner. They are located near the refreshement points. Except these specific places, any other assistance is prohibited even between runners.
In these areas, you can pick and drop anything you want between the green panel (zone entry) and the red panel (zone exit). When you leave this zone, remember to leave with all the mandatory equipment.
The accompanying persons who make the assistance will not be authorized to "enter" the "covered" area used for the runners refreshment points. This rule applies to all the runners, including elite runners.
Information about refreshment points
You will find details of the place of the refreshment points on the board above.
To have the details of the food present at the refreshment points, we invite you to consult the dedicated page.
Please note that the refreshment points are only available for the runners and not for the accompanying persons.
On the R-Race, refreshment points are only available for the runner who have just finished his relay before he has changed his clothes. Runners starting their relay will not be allowed to access to the refreshment points.
Drop bag and luggage locker
On this race there is no drop bag or luggage locker
Information about of the switchover on the night route
For races whose arrival can be done at night (Ultra-Race, MaXi-Race, Short-Race, R-Race) a switchover will be made at nightfall to the platform of the old cable car (the km and the exact time is indicated on the table at the top of the page).
In order to guarantee the safety of the runners, you will be switched to a less technical route. You will still be considered as a finisher but a time adjustment of a few minutes will be made on your arrival time to ensure sporting fairness.
This mandatory equipment must be presented at the bib collection where checks will be made. No derogation will be accepted and the bib cannot be collected if the material is not presented.
For the R-Race, it is possible to present only 2 sets of mandatory equipment to collect the team's bibs.
- "Waterproof and breathable" jacket as Gore-Tex jacket :
- Ultra, XXL, Maxi, XL, Marathon, R-Race: mandatory
- Femina and Short-Race: depends on the weather condition. This will be specified when you will collect your bib. However, it is mandatory to bring the jacket with you when you collect your bib because checks can be carried out.
- Survival blanket in its original and uncut packaging.
- Mobile phone charged
- Water :
- 1 litre minimum container for Ultra, XXL, XL and MaXi-Race
- 0.75 litre container minimum for R-Race, Femina, Short and Marathon
- Water container in addition to your water supply (reusable cup type)
- Headlamp in operation:
- Ultra, XXL, XL Day 1, MaXi, Short-Race: all along the course (remember to take a second battery if necessary)
- R-Race: Mandatory for relay 1 (Start / Semnoz) and relay 4 (Menthon-St-Bernard / Finish) / Not mandatory for relays 2 and 3 (between Semnoz and Menthon-St-Bernard)
- Femina, Marathon, XXL and XL J2: not mandatory
- Personnal food and drink
- Suitable shoes (trail shoes type).
- Visible bib (to be placed on the front of the runner. On some races, a second microchip will be attached to the back of your backpack).
- Poles are authorized
- In case of bad weather, we strongly recommend that you adapt your equipment. You will run on a mountain route and technical clothing are strongly recommended + long pants + headgear (buff® or hat) + long gloves.
Information about Option
You will find bellow details and explanations of the different options that can be taken.
You can take these options when you register or later on your personal space before the platform is no longer accessible (around the beginning of April)
Live tracking by Appli or GPS with Dotvision
Dotvision Motion offers to follow you in real time on the GreenWeez MaXi-Race.
- Appli to download = 10€
For the short races you can use the application to upload to your smartphone.
Book this option when you register or later by going to your personal area and you will receive a code allowing you to use the application during the race.
- GPS tracking rental = 25€
For longer races, we advise you to rent a GPS tracker because depending on your smartphone the autonomy may not be sufficient. However, you can use the application if you have a powerbank for example.
Book this option when you register or later by going to your personal space.
Race profil with Trace de Trail
- Race profile = 3€
On your bib will be present the profile of the race but you can buy a race profile, made on a tear-proof and waterproof support, of a dimension of 16cm by 6cm.
On 1-day races, on the front side the race profile will be printed and on the back side the race table with time barriers where you can write your estimated passage times. On 2-day races, the profile of each day will be indicated on each side.
- Race profile with reel = 6€
In addition to the race profile, you can buy a reel system to attach your race profil with a clip on your backpack or clothing. It will allow you to visualize your profile and have it return to its position on its own.
You can take these options when you register or by going to your personal space. The profiles will be collected when you pick up your bibs on the MaXi-Village
We offer meals for runners as well as for those accompanying them.
Meals are taken in the tent of the MaXi-Village.
Friday: 18h30-21h30 / Saturday: 12h00-6h00 (Sunday - meal provided all night for finishers) / Sunday: 12h00-16h00
The price is 10€ for runners and 12€ for accompanying persons.