m of ascent
team of 2
Team of 4
The R-Race is a great adventure to share as a team of 2 or 4 and a time of sharing and cohesion between runners.
You not feel the diffculty in the same way knowing that you are running for a team and the passage of relay between the runners will be a strong moment where emotion, sharing and excitement will mix.
Time limits of this race are calculated so that a runner doing:
– Relays 1 and 2 (up to Doussard) and having an ITRA ranking of 350 points can go to the end of its section.
– Relays 3 and 4 (between Doussard and the finish line), the time barriers are slightly more difficult and are calculated on the basis of 400 ITRA points
If you or one of your team has a lower ITRA ranking, your team will be able to take part in the race.
However, we invite you to think carefully about the placement of the runners according to their level and to train well beforehand so that you can pass the checkpoints within the time limits set.
Detailed race informations
Information about the relay organisation
- The R-Race can be done in 2 (R-Race 2) or 4 (R-Race 4).
- Registration for the R-race is done by a team manager.
To register for the R-Race, it is not mandatory to provide full contact information for all the runners. The team manager can complete his team's information or make a change of runners up to 15 days before the race date.
- If the team manager can no longer participate in the race, we invite one of the runner to send us an email indicating the name of the new team manager and the organization will make the change (you can't do it by your self)
- If a runner is out of time limits or can't finish his relay, the next runners will have the opportunity to run and will start just befaure the end of the time limits. However the team will not be considered as a finisher team.
- If you have registered for R-Race 4 but only 3 of you start, a runner can do 2 relays but you will be ranked on R-Race 4 and it will not be possible to get a refund.
- The changeover will take place in the "indicated zone" area. This zone will be located outside, in the middle of the assistance zone for other races between the green panel (zone entry) and the red panel (zone exit).
- The runner who has just finished his relay can access to the refreshment point before changing his clothes, the other runners can't.
- Accompanying persons or other runners will not be allowed to "enter" in the "covered" area where take place the refreshment point.
- The order of the relays is free and does not have to be communicated to the organisation.
- For the R-Race 2, the transfer of relays have to be done at Doussard
In order to collect your bib you will have to present an ID with your photo and your mandatory equipment.
In order to make the bibs collection fast, you will have time slots to collect it according to the race your participate. Details are available on the dedicated page.
Attention, because of the sanitary protocols and the obligatory control of the sanitary pass, the presence of the runner is obligatory during the withdrawal of the numbers.
For team races, all teammates must be present at the time of number collection
Saturday morning starts: Ultra, XXL J1, XL J1, MaXi, R-Race
Saturday's races will start from 12.00 am (in the night from friday to saturday)
For the Ultra, the XXL D1, the MaXi and the XL D1, the distribution within the waves will be done according to the Performance index that you will have at the time of the attribution of the bibs which is done 15 days before the date of the event. Once the bib numbers have been assigned, no modification can be made.
For the R-Race, all runners will start in wave number 3.
Possibility to wait on site after the withdrawal of the numbers
- You have the possibility to reserve a meal on Friday evening, served between 6:30 pm and 10:30 pm by going to your personal space and clicking on "Edit my entry".
- People who have reserved a meal will be able to wait in the marquee until the start of the race.
- Please note that the marquee will only be accessible to people who have reserved a meal and no equipment will be left on site.
More information :
- Your race time will start when you cross the start line.
- Time barriers are calculated on the start time of the last wave.
Waves of start :
- 12am : Wave 1 - Elite runner (runners with a performance index between 790 and 950 pts) + 500runners with a performance index higher than 540pts
- 12.10am : Wave 2 for 500 runners with a performance index between 480 and 540pts.
- 12.20am: Wave 3 for the R-Race runners (whatever your performance index)
- 12.30am : Wave 4 for 500 runners with a performance index between 300 and 480pts.
- 12.40am : Wave 5 for 500 runners with a performance index less than 300pts.
To know your performance index you can consult this link
Information about refreshment points
You will find details of the place of the refreshment points on the board above.
To have the details of the food present at the refreshment points, we invite you to consult the dedicated page.
Please note that the refreshment points are only available for the runners and not for the accompanying persons.
On the R-Race, refreshment points are only available for the runner who have just finished his relay before he has changed his clothes. Runners starting their relay will not be allowed to access to the refreshment points.
Information about of the switchover on the night route
For races whose arrival can be done at night (Ultra-Race, MaXi-Race, R-Race, Marathon expérience) a switchover will be made at nightfall to the platform of the old cable car (the km and the exact time is indicated on the table at the top of the page).
In order to guarantee the safety of the runners, you will be switched to a less technical route. You will still be considered as a finisher but a time adjustment of a few minutes will be made on your arrival time to ensure sporting fairness.
Drop bag and luggage locker
On this race there is no drop bag or luggage locker
This mandatory equipment must be presented at the bib collection where checks will be made. No derogation will be accepted and the bib cannot be collected if the material is not presented.
For the R-Race, it is possible to present only 2 sets of mandatory equipment to collect the team's bibs.
- "Waterproof and breathable" jacket as Gore-Tex jacket :
- Ultra, XXL, Maxi, XL, Marathon, R-Race, Night : mandatory
- Femina and Short-Race: depends on the weather condition. This will be specified when you will collect your bib. However, it is mandatory to bring the jacket with you when you collect your bib because checks can be carried out.
- Survival blanket in its original and uncut packaging.
- Mobile phone charged
- Water :
- 1 litre minimum container for Ultra, XXL, XL and MaXi-Race
- 0.75 litre container minimum for R-Race, Femina, Short and Marathon
- Water container in addition to your water supply (reusable cup type)
- Headlamp in operation:
- Ultra, XXL, XL, MaXi, Night, R-Race, Marathon : all along the course (remember to take a second battery if necessary)
- Femina, Marathon: not mandatory
- Proof of a health pass valid between October 29 and 21, 2021
- Personnal food and drink
- Suitable shoes (trail shoes type).
- Visible bib (to be placed on the front of the runner. On some races, a second microchip will be attached to the back of your backpack).
- Poles are authorized
- In case of bad weather, we strongly recommend that you adapt your equipment. You will run on a mountain route and technical clothing are strongly recommended + long pants + headgear (buff® or hat) + long gloves.
Information about Option
You will find bellow details and explanations of the different options that can be taken.
You can take these options when you register or later by going on your personal space and clicking on "Edit my entry" before the 04th of october.
Live tracking by Appli or GPS with Dotvision
Dotvision Motion offers to follow you in real time on the GreenWeez MaXi-Race.
- Appli to download = 10€
For the short races you can use the application to upload to your smartphone.
Book this option when you register or later by going to your personal area and you will receive a code allowing you to use the application during the race.
- GPS tracking rental = 25€
For longer races, we advise you to rent a GPS tracker because depending on your smartphone the autonomy may not be sufficient. However, you can use the application if you have a powerbank for example.
Book this option when you register or later by going to your personal space.
Race profil with Trace de Trail
- Race profile = 3€
On your bib will be present the profile of the race but you can buy a race profile, made on a tear-proof and waterproof support, of a dimension of 16cm by 6cm.
On 1-day races, on the front side the race profile will be printed and on the back side the race table with time barriers where you can write your estimated passage times. On 2-day races, the profile of each day will be indicated on each side.
- Race profile with reel = 6€
In addition to the race profile, you can buy a reel system to attach your race profil with a clip on your backpack or clothing. It will allow you to visualize your profile and have it return to its position on its own.
You can take these options when you register or by going to your personal space. The profiles will be collected when you pick up your bibs on the MaXi-Village
Meals will be offered during the weekend of the event.
- The meal on Friday evening will be on reservation between 18h30 and 22h30
- Pasta party with bread and fruit, Price 12€.
- The runners taking the meal option will have the possibility to stay in the tent until the start of the race
- The reservation is made by going to your personal space and clicking on "Modify my registration".
- For the other days, you can buy tickets on the spot for 12€.
Following the success of last year, we have decided to renew the limited edition of the MaXi-casquette at the price of 10€.
Attention limited stock, think of reserving it when you register.
One size fits all.
The cap will be to be removed the weekend of the event at the MaXi-Boutique with the confirmation email.
Annecy lake 3d map
Do you want to keep a souvenir of your adventure in Annecy?
Discover the 3d map of the tour of Lake Annecy where you will find details of the main massifs as well as the historical route of the MaXi-Race, course of the 2015 IAU Trail World Championships.
Dimensions: 29.5cm by 19.5cm
This card can be ordered during your registration at the rate of 17€ and you could pick up the weekend of the event at the MaXi-Boutique with the confirmation email.