m of ascent
The SEPas Impossible R-Race is a relay race around Lake Annecy in teams of 2 to 4 runners.
A part of the registration fees will be donated to the SEPas Impossible association
Time limits of this race are calculated so that a runner having an performance index of 390 points can go to the end of its section.
If you or one of your team has a lowerlevel, your team will be able to take part in the race.
However, we invite you to think carefully about the placement of the runners according to their level and to train well beforehand so that you can pass the checkpoints within the time limits set.
Since 2022, the R-Race became the SEPas Impossible relay!
The association SEPas Impossible was born in 2014 to communicate about Multiple Sclerosis (MS), to break the isolation of patients and to convince the public authorities to build a medicalized facility for a dignified and adapted care. The absence of a facility forced people with MS to go to unsuitable centers or to move to another region. After 6 years of work, SEPas Impossible convinced the public authorities and a medical care facility was created in the Savoie region in March 2020 (the 6th of its kind in France).
Since this major breakthrough, the association has remained mobilized in order to continue its work of raising public awareness and improving the quality of life of patients.
As the Trail community shares many common values (solidarity, conviviality, mutual aid…), it seemed logical to us to unite with this local association managed on a voluntary basis and the R-Race seemed to us to be the ideal race for that. The R-Race becomes the Relais SEPas Impossible and we will involve the association in the event. Several actions will be carried out throughout the year (creation of a SEPas Impossible team, awareness and promotion of the association…)
Detailed race informations
Information about the relay organisation
- The R-Race can be done in team of 2, 3 or 4
If you are registered to the R-Race 4 but you are only 2 or 3 to take the start, a relay can make 2 relays but you will remain classified on the R-Race 4 and it will not be possible to obtain a refund
- Registration for the R-race is done by a team manager.
To register for the R-Race, it is not mandatory to provide full contact information for all the runners. The team manager can complete his team's information or make a change of runners up to 15 days before the race date.
- If the team manager can no longer participate in the race, we invite one of the runner to send us an email indicating the name of the new team manager and the organization will make the change (you can't do it by your self)
- If a runner is out of time limits or can't finish his relay, the next runners will have the opportunity to run and will start just befaure the end of the time limits. However the team will not be considered as a finisher team.
- The changeover will take place in the "indicated zone" area. This zone will be located outside, in the middle of the assistance zone for other races between the green panel (zone entry) and the red panel (zone exit).
- The runner who has just finished his relay can access to the refreshment point before changing his clothes, the other runners can't.
- Accompanying persons or other runners will not be allowed to "enter" in the "covered" area where take place the refreshment point.
- The order of the relays is free and does not have to be communicated to the organisation.
To collect your bib you will have to present an ID with your photo.
In order to make the bibs collection fast, you will have time slots to collect it the day before the race according to the race your participate. Details are available on the dedicated page.
Saturday starts : MaXi, R-Race, XL-Race D1
- We differentiate waves and SAS starts:
- A starting wave corresponds to a starting time
- For each wave, there can be 1 or 2 SAS in order to distribute the runners within the starting wave according to their level and to fluidify the starts.
- The SAS are automatically constituted based on your performance index one month before the event
- Your race time will start when you cross the start line.
- Time barriers are calculated on the start time of the last wave.
Start time schedule:
In order for you to be able to estimate in which SAS you are going to start, we communicate you the distribution of the SAS of 2022. This distribution will evolve for 2023 according to the level of the registered riders and will be communicated 1 month before the event
- 2:50 am: Start of wave 1 consisting of:
- SAS 1: between 30 and 50 elite runners (index above 778 for men and 601 for women)
- SAS 2 : 500 runners with an index above 535
- 3h00 : Start of the wave 2 made of :
- SAS 3: all the runners of the R-Race whatever the performance index
- SAS 4: about 400 runners with an index between 460 and 534
- 3:10 : Start of wave 3 made up of SAS 5 : about 500 runners with an index below 533
Information about refreshment points
You will find details of the place of the refreshment points on the board above.
To have the details of the food present at the refreshment points, we invite you to consult the dedicated page.
Please note that the refreshment points are only available for the runners and not for the accompanying persons.
On the R-Race, refreshment points are only available for the runner who have just finished his relay before he has changed his clothes. Runners starting their relay will not be allowed to access to the refreshment points.
Information about of the switchover on the night route
For races whose arrival can be done at night (Ultra-Race, MaXi-Race, R-Race) a switchover will be made at nightfall to the platform of the old cable car (the km and the exact time is indicated on the table at the top of the page).
In order to guarantee the safety of the runners, you will be switched to a less technical route. You will still be considered as a finisher but a time adjustment of a few minutes will be made on your arrival time to ensure sporting fairness.
Drop bag and luggage locker
On this race there is no drop bag or luggage locker
Mandatory equipment - Can be adjust 15 days before the event
The equipment will not be checked at the delivery of the numbers, but will be randomly checked at the start, during the event and at the finish.
1/ Basic pack for all :
- Suitable shoes (trail shoes) - if it's muddy think to have shoes with big enough studs, not in "slick" otherwise it slips.
- Survival blanket in its original packaging and uncut.
- Charged cell phone - with the LiveRun application activated:
Android : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.livetrail.livetrailrunning&hl=fr&gl=US
- Visible bib (to be placed on the front of the runner. A second additional electronic chip will be attached to the back of your backpack).
- Food (at least a gel or just in case - up to you, but probably more if you are on a long distance!!!...).
- Water :
- 0.75 liter container minimum or 2 flasks of 0.5 liter --> up to you, but for the vast majority of you, you will surely need more. 1,5l to 2 liters (even more for some) are advised at the start of each Rav and water point !!! There will be no water brought up in a car or 4x4 in the mountains, so be prepared.
- Sticks allowed
2 / In addition to the basic pack you will need for :
Short-Race, Femina-Race, R-Race SEPas Impossible :
Basic pack +
- Depending on the weather (information between 7 days and 1 day by email and SMS for French numbers): a jacket with "high waterproofness and breathability" Type Salomon Bonatti Waterproof: https://www.salomon.com/fr-fr/shop-emea/product/bonatti-waterproof-lc11935.html#color=67941
R-Race SEP not Impossible
Basic pack +
Headlamp in operation for :
- 1st runner: 2h30 at night
- and according to the departure time for the 4th runner --> after 5pm, headlamp on the head of the Rav3 of Villard-Dessus/
Model that goes well: https://www.i-run.fr/electronique/Lampe-frontale-eclairage_c1010/Petzl_m106/Petzl-Iko-Core_Petzl_fiche_97060.html
Marathon-Race and Marathon-eXperience
Basic pack +
- Water container in addition to your water supply: reusable cup type, because we are not allowed to put disposable plastic glasses on the refreshment stands anymore!
- Depending on the weather (information between 7 days and 1 day by email and SMS for the French numbers): a jacket with "strong waterproofness and breathability" Type Salomon Bonatti Waterproof: https://www.salomon.com/fr-fr/shop-emea/product/bonatti-waterproof-lc11935.html#color=67941
MaXi-Race of 87km :
Basic pack +
- Water container in addition to your water supply :
- Type reusable cup, because we are not allowed to put disposable plastic glasses on the refreshment stands anymore.
- Headlamp in operation (2h30 of night for the 1st, 5h (2h30 + 2h30 the second night) for the last.
- Jacket with "high waterproofness and breathability" Type Salomon Bonatti Waterproof : https://www.salomon.com/fr-fr/shop-emea/product/bonatti-waterproof-lc11935.html#color=67941
The prefecture of Haute-Savoie can ask us to oblige you to run with a Cold Weather Kit (in addition to the compulsory packs) until 24 hours before the start!
- Cold weather kit
The activation of this kit will be decided at the latest 24 hours before the event according to the weather conditions.
This kit includes: 1 long-sleeved upper body layer like a fleece + 1 long stocking + 1 pair of long gloves + 1 head covering (buff or cap) and a "high waterproof and breathable" jacket (for those who did not have it in the mandatory list).