R-Race in Relay – 2 or 4 runners
- 83km – 5000m of altitude difference
- All in relays of 4 or 2 riders (if 3 riders, price and classification in Relay 4).
- Departure on Saturday May 25th
- In 2019 : Limited to 200 Relays of 4 and 200 Relays of 2
- Attention the relay zones change in 2019, see the dedicated paragraph
- Reference time: Be careful in 2019 the course will be exceptionally shorter
- R-race 4 Man: 7h37 (Team Together at the top)
- R-race 2 Man: 8h27 (Team Solomon)
- On arrival pick up your FINISHER batch
- The R-Race Relay 2 is open to anyone, male or female, over 20 years of age, (categories Espoir and above, born in 1999 and before).
The R-Race 4 is open to any person, male or female over 18 years of age (Junior categories or older, born in 2001 and before).
The R-Race are open to people who are licensed or not (compulsory medical certificate).
Bibs will be collected at MaXi-village : Plage D’Albigny, 6 Avenue du Petit Port, 74940 Annecy-le-Vieux.
The departure point of the bus for the first torchbearer of the R-Race 4 is : 42 Rue Centrale 74940 Annecy le Vieux
The relay locations are as follows:
- R1: Start of the race at MaXi-Village.
- R2: 1km after Semnoz station on the east side: 17 D110, 74320 Leschaux, France.
- R3: Gymnase de Doussard: 681-859 Route du Pont Monnet, 74210 Doussard.
- R4: Villard Dessus: 1287 route des villards, Villard Dessus, 74290 Alex – Not accessible by car
- Wednesday 27 March: deadline for submitting your medical certificate (signed and stamped) or FFA (or FFTRI) membership in your account.
- Friday 24 May
From 12.30am to 06.30pm : Bib number and welcome pack collection in Annecy-le-Vieux. Don’t forget your proof of ID (ID card/passport or membership photo card) and your bag containing the compulsory equipment.
- Saturday 25 May
- 03.35am: entry and starting line up, just after the start of the 83km solo and at the same time as the XL-Race runners. The first 10km will be different from the 83 km so as to avoid overtaking 1500 runners. You will rejoin the course on the second part of the Semnoz climb, on forest track.
- 03.35am: Briefing.
- 03.40am : Start of bus for the runner n°2 to reach Semnoz Summit (if you have take the option)
- 03.45am : Start Runner 1
- 06.00pm : Award ceremony , Program details .
Details Team Race 4
The start will be from MaXi-Village and the arrival at Semnoz.
To get back you will have several possibilities:
- The descent can be done by bus with a 2 possible places of return : MaXi-Village or Doussard.
An email will be sent to team captains in April asking you to book the free shuttles if you wish to use them. Caution : any shuttle booked but not used will be charged.
- It will also be possible to descend by your own means.
The start will be from Semnoz and the finish in Doussard
- The ascent to Semnoz can be done by free shuttle from Annecy le Vieux or by your own means. An email will be sent to team captains in April asking you to book the free shuttles if you wish to use them. Caution : any shuttle booked but not used will be charged.
- The return from Doussard will be done by your own means. There are no shuttle returns possible.
The start will be from Doussard and the finish in Villard Dessus.
- Access to the starting site will be by your own means.
- Arrival at Villard Dessus :
As the place of refuelling has exceptionally changed for 2019, access by car is not possible.
Runner 3 will be able to return by free shuttle to the MaXi-Village and it is not necessary to book the shuttle upstream.
If you wish to leave by your own means, a shuttle can take you down to Alex where a “second drop-off” will be present. Please note that no parking spaces are possible in Alex. We therefore recommend that you use the free shuttle service provided.
The start will be from Villard Dessus and the finish at MaXi-Village.
Access to the start:
- Due to the exceptional change of departure point for 2019, access by car to Villard Dessus is not possible.
- Free shuttles from MaXi-Village will be provided. Rotations will take place throughout the day and it is not necessary to book them in advance.
- If you still want to use your car, you can drive to Alex, then shuttles will connect Alex, where the road is closed, to the start of the race.
Please note that no parking spaces are possible in Alex, there will only be a “second drop-off”. We therefore strongly advise you to use the free shuttles from Annecy le vieux.
Information on access to the R-Race 2 relay zones
This year, the relay will have to be transferred to Doussard (mid-term). The runners will have a specific number n°1 and n°2 torchbearers but it is not necessary to inform us beforehand of the order of the relays within the team.
Access to the relay area will be by your own means.
Information on the transfer of relays R-Race 4 and 2
You can pass the relay in a “indicated on the spot” area. This zone will be located outside, in the middle of the assistance zone for other races between the green panel (zone entry) and the red panel (zone exit).
The runner who has just finished his relay will be able to access the supply (but before he has changed), the other runners will not.
Accompanying persons may not “enter” the “covered” area (gym or tent) Elite or not.
Plan a sufficient quantity of water and food to be autonomous between these refreshments, whatever the weather conditions (high heat, cold…).
- Rav 1 : 18 km → Semnoz summit
- Water ramp : 37 km → Les Maisons
- Rav 2 and Relay Passage (R2 and R4) : 45km → Salle des fêtes de Doussard
- Water ramp : 54 km → Montmin Eglise
- Rav 3 and Relay Passage (R4) : 67 km → Villard Dessus
Following many comments, we remind you that there will be no water points at the Summit of Mount Barron and at the Smugglers’ Pass. This point is not served by road and has no access to drinking water. It is therefore not possible to build sufficient reserves for all runners.
- Light arrival delight : 83 km → Annecy-le-Vieux beach, refreshment with local products.
- Start : MaXi-village = 03.45am
- Km 18 : Summit of Semnoz (Rav 1) = 07.30am
- Km 37 : “Les maisons” Water point = 11.30am
- Km 45 : Doussard (Rav 2) = 12.45pm
- Km 54: Climb to chalet de l’Aulp = 03.30pm
- Km 67 : Villard Dessus = 06.15pm
PLEASE NOTE anyone passing after 6pm, the final section of the race is on very technical single track and you will likely be running at night. We will therefore ask you to be wearing your head torch when you set off. If a race official sees you without a head torch, or with one which doesn’t work, you will be immediately removed from the race. Be sure, therefore, to bring spare batteries if needed.
- Km 74.5 : Col des contrebandiers = 09.30pm
- Km 75.5 : Second Track
This mean that after 9.30pm, runners will take an another track which is less dangerous by night. You will be considered as a finisher but you will have a few minutes time ajustment.
- km 78,5 : Pré Vernet = 12.30am (Sunday)
- End of the race ( no Finishers gifts, transport by minibus) at 01.30am (Sunday)
- There will be no assistance bags or bag storage zone in this race.
- “Waterproof, breathable” Gore-Tex style jacket
- Emergency blanket in its original packaging and not cut up ;o).
- Fully charged mobile phone
- Water container max 0.75 litre (there will be long sections without water, so be aware of your own needs). You alone are responsible for managing your water!
- There will be no cups available at the refreshment points or at the finish line, so bring a reusable cup or similar in addition to your water pack. No cup means no drinks!
- Head torch for the whole course, even if you are at the front of the pack. Bring spare batteries if your model requires it. If your head torch doesn’t work, you will be removed from the race.
- Food: there will only be 3 full and 2 very light refreshment points. Be sure to have enough to keep you going between these points.
- Suitable shoes (trail running shoes)
- The race bib must be visible and worn on the front (no complaints will be heard if we are unable to place you for this reason). You’ll be given a second electronic chip to attach to the rear of your backpack.
- Poles are allowed
- In case of bad weather, we strongly recommend you choose your equipment accordingly. Conditions in the mountains can change rapidly. We strongly recommend technical clothing, long trousers, a hat or buff® to cover your head, long gloves.
42km by night in team of 2 / Start from Semnoz summit to reach Poisy / 1650mD- & 540m D+
- Relay 4:
- €140 (price for the team)
- +€3 extra for transaction cost
- + min €1 to charity
- + €1 extra for non-members of the FFA (for insurance)
- Relay 2:
- €89 (price for the team)
- +€1.50 extra for transaction cost
- + min €1 to charity
- + €1 extra for non-members of the FFA (for insurance)
10% increase on all prices after 01 February 2019
- Friday evening meal: €12 per person
- Post-race meal : €12 per person
- MaXi-Race cap : €15
- Race picture : €18 (More information on enrolment page)
Free shuttle will bring the Runner 2 at the Semnoz Summit to begin the part 2
Runner 1 will also have the opportunity to take free shuttle to go to Doussard or Annecy
You have to book theses shuttle at the enrolment.
Sorry, there are no invitations in this race.