Please note that in in 2019 the race takes place on friday.
The Short Race covers the final section of the tour of the lake, with unforgettable views over Annecy Lake.
- 16km – 950m climb descent
- In 2019: 1st stage of the Mountain Running World Cup – Limited to 600 runners
- Start of the race friday 24th at 07.00pm
- Reference times:
- 1st Men: Gedeon POCHAT in 1h18 (2016)
- 1st Ladies: Corail BUGNARD in 1h32 (2014)
- Arrival times:
- First Men around 08.20pm
- First ladies around 08.30pm
- Last: around 10.30pm
- The Short-Race is open to all men and ladies aged 18 years and over. No membership required. A medical certificate is compulsory. People under 18 have to be with a parent to collect their bibs
- The bibs will be collected and arrived at MaXi-village: Plage D’Albigny, 6 Avenue du Petit Port, 74940 Annecy-le-Vieux.
- Departure Bus Shuttle: 42 rue centrale, 74940 Annecy-le-Vieux
- The start of the race will be at the gymnasium in Menthon St Bernard, 71 Route de la Tournette, 74290 Menthon-Saint-Bernard.
In 2019, the Short Race is the first stage of Mountain Running World Cup
The Mountain Runing World Cup organised by the World Mountain Running Association (WMRA) with the IAAF is composed by 7 races wich are organised in 7 different countries.
Mountain Running World Cup calendar
1/ 24 May – Salomon Gore-Tex Maxi Race, with the Short-Race France
2/ 24 June – Broken Arrow Sky Race, United States
3/ 14 July – Grossglocknerlauf , Austria
4/ 20 July – Snowdon International Mountain Race, Wales
5/ 11 August – Sierre Zinal, Swiss
6/ 14 September – Drei-Zinnenlauf, Italy
7/ 12 October – Smarna Gora, Slovenia
How to participate
Everybody can run the Short-Race
To have points for the Mountain Running World Cup you have to be licencied in your country federation which have recevied the delegation from the IAAF.
The Young Trail Challenge
For the second consecutive year, MaXi-Race is part of the first running challenge in Europe for Young!
This challenge is made for the following categories : Juniors, Hopes.
More information in the website challenge
More information about 2019 edition on october
The first junior woman and man of the Short Race (non sponsored), will have an invitation for a week a training with : Max King et Ida Nilsson
Information on www.salomonrunningfestival.com
- Wednesday 27 March: deadline for submitting your medical certificate (signed and stamped) or FFA (or FFTRI) membership in your account.
- Thursday 23 May from 06.00pm to 08.00pm : Bib collection at the MaXi-Village
- Friday 24 May
- from 12.30pm to 05.00pm : Bib number and welcome pack collection in Annecy-le-Vieux. Don’t forget your proof of ID (ID card/passport or membership photo card) and your bag containing the compulsory equipment.
- 06.00pm : Bus departs from Annecy-le-Vieux to get to the start point
- 06.30pm : Entry into the start gates
- 06.45pm : Briefing
- 07.00pm : Start
- 09.00pm : Podium. Detail program.
- Bring enough food and water to get you from one point to the next in any weather conditions (extreme heat, cold, etc.).
- Please note that there is no refreshment point at Mont Barron Summit, you will only have the possibility to have 0.25cl of water (one glass)
- Light rav on arrival : km 16,5→ Annecy-le-Vieux beach, refreshment point made of local products.
Details and composition of the refreshment point on the dedicated page.
You have to book the bus when you register
Meeting at 5.30pm at : 42 rue centrale, 74940 Annecy-le-Vieux
- Start : Menthon Saint Bernard = 07.00pm
- km 7,7 : col des contrebandiers = 09.30pm
- km 8.7 : Plateforme téléphérique = 09.30pm
After 9.30pm runners will take a second track wich is less technical to reach the end of the race.
You will be considered as a finisher, but you will have a time adjustment.
- km 11.5 : Pré Vernet = 11.00pm
- End of the race = 11.30pm
- Emergency blanket in its original packaging and not cut up ;o).
- Fully charged mobile phone
- Water container max 1 litre (there will be long sections without water, so be aware of your own needs). You alone are responsible for managing your water!
- There will be no cups available at the refreshment points or at the finish line, so bring a reusable cup or similar in addition to your water pack. No cup means no drinks!
- Food: there will be no refreshment point. Bring enough food and water to get you to the arrival in any weather conditions (extreme heat, cold, etc.).
- Suitable shoes (trail running shoes)
- The race bib must be visible and worn on the front (no complaints will be heard if we are unable to place you for this reason). You’ll be given a second electronic chip to attach to the rear of your backpack.
- Poles are allowed
In case of bad weather, a “Waterproof, breathable” Gore-Tex style jacket will be mendatory (it will be pecise at the bib collection).
Conditions in the mountains can change rapidly, that’s why we also strongly recommend you choose your equipment accordingly. We strongly recommend technical clothing, long trousers, a hat or buff® to cover your head, long gloves.
42km by night in team of 2 / Start from Semnoz summit to reach Poisy / 1650mD- & 540m D+
- + min €1 to charity
- +€1 extra payment cost
- + €1 extra for non-members of the FFA (for insurance)
10% increase on all prices after 01 February 2019
- Saturday evening meal: €12 per person
- Saturday post-race meal : €12 per person
- Shuttle : €8
- MaXi-Race cap : 15€
- Race picture : 8€ (More information on enrolment page)
770 : Bib reserved but you have to buy
820 : Free*
650 : Bib reserved but you have to buy
700 : Free*
*Within the limits of the avalaible bibs
Check your ITRA ranking: click here
What to do:
Email Cyril C.firstname.lastname@example.org to make your request
Bib collection and start
Bib collection : MaXi-village : Plage D’Albigny, 27 Avenue du Petit Port, 74940 Annecy-le-Vieux.
Bus transport (mandatory) : meeting at 5.30pm : 42 rue centrale 74960 Annecy le vieux
Start of the race: Menthon St Bernard, 71 Route de la Tournette, 74290 Menthon-Saint-Bernard.