m of ascent
The short-Race will allow you on a short format to discover exceptional landscapes and viewpoints on the lake, the city of Annecy and the surrounding mountains.
In 2021, the short-race will be organised on Sunday morning.
Time limits are calculated so that a runner with an ITRA ranking of 250 points will be finisher. If you have a lower ITRA ranking, you can take part in the race but we invite you to prepare and train seriously to be fast enough to pass the checkpoints within the time limits.
Detailed race informations
In order to collect your bib you will have to present an ID with your photo and your mandatory equipment.
In order to make the bibs collection fast, you will have time slots to collect it according to the race your participate. Details are available on the dedicated page.
Attention, because of the sanitary protocols and the obligatory control of the sanitary pass, the presence of the runner is obligatory during the withdrawal of the numbers.
For team races, all teammates must be present at the time of number collection
Short Race Start : sunday
- 7.00am : Entry into the starting waves according to your bib number determined by your performance index
SAS 1 : elite line (performance index higher than 700) + runners with a performance index higher than 230
SAS 2 : runners with a performance index lower than 230 or with no performance index
- 7.10am : Race briefing on the start line
- 7.15am : Start of the 1st wave
- 7.30am : Start of the 2cd wave
To know your permance level, you can click here
On this race there is no assistance area. Any assistance is prohibited even between runners.
Information about refreshment points
You will find details of the place of the refreshment points on the board above.
To have the details of the food present at the refreshment points, we invite you to consult the dedicated page.
Please note that the refreshment points are only available for the runners and not for the accompanying persons.
On the R-Race, refreshment points are only available for the runner who have just finished his relay before he has changed his clothes. Runners starting their relay will not be allowed to access to the refreshment points.
Drop bag and luggage locker
On this race there is no drop bag or luggage locker
This mandatory equipment must be presented at the bib collection where checks will be made. No derogation will be accepted and the bib cannot be collected if the material is not presented.
For the R-Race, it is possible to present only 2 sets of mandatory equipment to collect the team's bibs.
- Cold weather kit
The prefecture has asked us to provide a cold weather kit whose activation will be decided at the latest 24 hours before the event depending on the weather conditions.
This kit includes: 1 long-sleeved upper body layer like a fleece + 1 long stocking + 1 pair of long gloves + 1 head covering (buff or cap)
- "Waterproof and breathable" jacket as Gore-Tex jacket :
- Ultra, XXL, Maxi, XL, Marathon, R-Race, Night : mandatory
- Femina and Short-Race: depends on the weather condition. This will be specified when you will collect your bib. However, it is mandatory to bring the jacket with you when you collect your bib because checks can be carried out.
- Survival blanket in its original and uncut packaging.
- Mobile phone charged
- Water :
- 1 litre minimum container for Ultra, XXL, XL and MaXi-Race
- 0.75 litre container minimum for R-Race, Femina, Short and Marathon
- Water container in addition to your water supply (reusable cup type)
- Headlamp in operation:
- Ultra, XXL, XL, MaXi, Night, R-Race, Marathon Race and Expérience : all along the course (remember to take a second battery if necessary)
- Femina, Marathon: not mandatory
- Proof of a health pass valid between October 29 and 21, 2021
- Personnal food and drink
- Suitable shoes (trail shoes type).
- Visible bib (to be placed on the front of the runner. On some races, a second microchip will be attached to the back of your backpack).
- Poles are authorized
- In case of bad weather, we strongly recommend that you adapt your equipment. You will run on a mountain route and technical clothing are strongly recommended + long pants + headgear (buff® or hat) + long gloves.
Information about Option
You will find bellow details and explanations of the different options that can be taken.
You can take these options when you register or later by going on your personal space and clicking on "Edit my entry" before the 04th of october.
The shuttle buses are to be reserved and paid at the time of your registration or afterwards by going to your personal space.
Meals will be offered during the WE of the event at the MaXi-Village for 12€.
Runners will be able to book their meal by going to their personal space and clicking on "Modify my registration". Accompanying persons will be able to buy a ticket on the spot within the limits of the available places.
Annecy lake 3d map
Do you want to keep a souvenir of your adventure in Annecy?
Discover the 3d map of the tour of Lake Annecy where you will find details of the main massifs as well as the historical route of the MaXi-Race, course of the 2015 IAU Trail World Championships.
Dimensions: 29.5cm by 19.5cm
This card can be ordered during your registration at the rate of 17€ and you could pick up the weekend of the event at the MaXi-Boutique with the confirmation email.
Run motion, Greenweez MaXi-Race official coach
Put all the chances on your side to succeed in the Maxi-Race: personalized training plan and adapted advice on your smartphone.
- 3 month subscription: 19.99€ (instead of 24.99€ public price)
- 6-month subscription: 39.99€ (instead of 44.99€ public price)
If you take this option when you register, you will receive a specific email containing the accesses within 15 days.
You can add this option after your registration by going to your personal space and the accesses will be sent within 15 days after your membership.