Many things change in 2019 : the tracks, the hour of the start, refreshment points… Please read carefully this page to have all the information.
The Ultra Race, a 115km ultra trail, is without doubt the most demanding course, a true personal challenge requiring dedicated and detailed preparation! Previous experience of Ultra races is recommended!
A significant part of the race will require you to be self-sufficient, with no refreshment points.
- 115km – 7000m climb and descent
- Date : Saturday 25 of may
- 2017 fastest time (Please note that in 2019, the race track changes):
- Ladies: 15h08 Caroline CHAVEROT
- Men : 12h55 FRançois D’HAENE
- On arrival, pick up your FINISHER’s gift: a high quality Salomon technical garment!
- The Ultra-Race is open to all men and ladies aged over 20 years (born 1999 and earlier), no membership to an association required. A medical certificate is, however, compulsory.
- With this race you will win 5 new points
Bib number collection and start of the race
Bib number and welcome pack collection in Annecy-le-Vieux : Plage D’Albigny, Avenue du Petit Port, 74940 Annecy-le-Vieux
- Wednesday 27 of March: deadline for submitting your medical certificate (signed and stamped) or FFA membership in your account.
- Friday 24 May : (Note that the race start earlier than 2018 race)
- from 12.30pm to 6.30pm: Bib number and welcome pack collection in Annecy-le-Vieux. Don’t forget your proof of ID (ID card/passport or membership photo card) and your bag containing the compulsory equipment.
- 11.30pm : entry and starting line up in order of bib numbers, allocated according to your ITRA ranking
- 11.45pm : briefing
- Saturday 25 May:
- 00.00am : start of the race
- Sunday 26 May :
- Podium Sunday 26 at 10.00am. Program details
Bring enough food and water to get you from one point to the next in any weather conditions (extreme heat, cold, etc.).
- Rav 1: km 18 → Semnoz Summit
- Water point : km 37 → Les Maisons
- Light Rav 1 : km 51.5→ Parc des Bauges
- Rav 2 : 75.5 km food→ Giez
- Water point : km 84.5 → Montmin’s church
- Rav 3 : km 97.5 → Villard Dessus
Please note that you will not have water at Mont Barron Summit.
- Light Rav : km 115→ Annecy-le-Vieux Beach, refreshment point made of local products.
- Rav 1: Semnoz Summit Assistance is allowed.
- Rav 2 : Giez. Assistance is allowed. You will also have access to your drop bag
Please note that the car park is located at 1km on foot from the refreshment point.
- Rav 3 : Villard-Dessus. Assistance is forbidden. Exceptionnaly, in 2019, the access road is closed.
In this assistance zone, you will be able to pick up and drop off anything you want between the green sign (entrance) and the red sign (exit). On exit, make sure you are still carrying all the compulsory equipment ;o)
No runner’s assistants will be allowed in the enclosed zones (gymnasium). This rule applies to everyone, including the elite runners. Any assistance must therefore take place before or after these zones, between the green sign (start of zone) and the red sign (end of zone).
If you want to find a bag at the refreshement point N°2 at Giez, you have to use the drop bag given by the organisation when you collect your bib. This bag closes with a zipper, but does not overload it.
There must be no drinking (on the refreshments points you will find water, Pepsi, sparkling water), nor fragile things, the organization is not responsible in case of breakage or loss.
Nothing should extend beyond the bag.
If you put in poles (fold them and protect the tips) be careful the tips can tear the bag and equipment can be lost.
This bag is to be placed on Friday afternoon directly in a truck that will be parked next to the bib tent. Be careful only from 01.30pm to 08.00 pm on Fridays.
On arrival they will be placed in the bib tent from Saturday from 05.00pm to 12.00pm on Sunday.
To get them back you will need your bib.
Don’t forget, no bags will be sent back by post.
- Start: MaXi-Village = 12.00am
- KM 7.5 : Crossing the Route du Semnoz = 02.00am
- Km 18 : Summit of Semnoz (Rav 1) = 04.30am
- Km 37 : “Les maisons” = 08.30am
- Km 45 : End of the road = 11.00am
- Km 51.5 : Light Rav 1 : Parc des Bauges “Le Reposoir” = 12.45pm
- Km 66.5 : “Combe d’Ire” = 03.45pm
- Km 75.5: Giez (Rav 2) = 06.30pm
- Km 88 : Climb to chalet de l’Aulp = 09.15pm
- Km 97.5 : Villard Dessus (Rav3) = 12.30am (Sunday)
PLEASE NOTE :
1 : Anyone passing after 6pm, the final section of the race is on very technical single track and you will likely be running at night. We will therefore ask you to be wearing your head torch when you set off. If a race official sees you without a head torch, or with one which doesn’t work, you will be immediately removed from the race. Be sure, therefore, to bring spare batteries if needed.
2 : The road access to Rav 3 will be closed in 2019
- Km 105.5 : Col des Contrebandiers = 03.30am (Sunday)
- Km 106.5 : After 09.30pm runners will take a second track wich is less technical to reach the end of the race.
You will be considered as a finisher, but you will have a time adjustment.
- km 109 : Pré Vernet = 05.30am (Sunday)
- End of the race (no finisher gifts, transport by minibus) at 07.00am on Sunday
- “Waterproof, breathable” Gore-Tex style jacket
- Emergency blanket in its original packaging and not cut up ;o).
- Fully charged mobile phone
- Water container max 1 litre (there will be long sections without water, so be aware of your own needs). You alone are responsible for managing your water!
- There will be no cups available at the refreshment points or at the finish line, so bring a reusable cup or similar in addition to your water pack. No cup means no drinks!
- Head torch for the whole course, even if you are at the front of the pack. Bring spare batteries if your model requires it. If your head torch doesn’t work, you will be removed from the race.
- Food: there will only be 3 full and 2 very light refreshment points. Be sure to have enough to keep you going between these points.
- Suitable shoes (trail running shoes)
- The race bib must be visible and worn on the front (no complaints will be heard if we are unable to place you for this reason). You’ll be given a second electronic chip to attach to the rear of your backpack.
- Poles are allowed
- In case of bad weather, we strongly recommend you choose your equipment accordingly. Conditions in the mountains can change rapidly. We strongly recommend technical clothing, long trousers, a hat or buff® to cover your head, long gloves.
42km by night in team of 2 / Start from Semnoz summit to reach Poisy / 1650mD- & 540m D+
- + min €1 to charity
- + €3 extra for payment cost
- + €1 extra for non-members of the FFA (for insurance)
10% increase on all prices after 01 February 2019
- Friday evening meal: €12 per person
- Post-race meal : €12 per person
- Cancellation insurance: see price and conditions on the relevant page
- MaXi-Race cap : 15€
- Race Picture : 20€ (more information on the Enrolment page)
- Men : Itra Cote From
- 770 : Bibs reserved but not free
- 820 or in the 3 first runners in your country : Free bib*
- 860 : Free bib + accommodation for 3 night free*
- 890 : Free bib + accommodation for 3 night free + train or fly free*
- FEMME : Cote Itra à partir de
- 650 : Bibs reserved but not free
- 700 or in the 3 first runners in your country : Free bib*
- 750 : Free bib + accommodation for 3 night free*
- 780 : Free bib + accommodation for 3 night free + train or fly free*
*In the limit of the avalabible bibs