m of ascent
The XL-Race will allow you to run on the historic MaXi-Race trails in 2 days.
This race is ideal as a first approach to long distance running or to make a long distance run integrated into your training plan.
Time limits are calculated so that a runner with an ITRA ranking of 350 points will be finisher. If you have a lower ITRA ranking, you can take part in the race but we invite you to prepare and train seriously to be fast enough to pass the checkpoints within the time limits.
Detailed race informations
In order to collect your bib you will have to present an ID with your photo and your mandatory equipment.
In order to make the bibs collection fast, you will have time slots to collect it according to the race your participate. Details are available on the dedicated page.
If you cannot be present during these time slots, another person can pick it up for you if she presents your mandatory equipment and a copy of your identity document.
For the R-Race (2 or 4) a person can pick up the bibs for the whole team if she presentats 2 sets of mandatory equipment.
Saturday morning starts: Ultra, XXL J1, XL J1, MaXi, R-Race
Saturday's races will start from 2:30 am.
For the Ultra, the XXL D1, the MaXi and the XL D1, the distribution within the waves will be done according to the ITRA ranking that you will have at the time of the attribution of the bibs which is done 45 days before the date of the event. Once the bib numbers have been assigned, no modification can be made.
For the R-Race, all runners will start in wave number 3.
More information :
- Your race time will start when you cross the start line.
- Time barriers are calculated on the start time of the last wave.
Waves of start :
- 2h30 : Wave 1 - Elite runner (runners with an ITRA ranking between 790 and 950 pts) + 500runners with an ITRA rating higher than 540pts
- 2h40 : Wave 2 for 500 runners with an ITRA rating between 480 and 540pts.
- 2h50: Wave 3 for the R-Race runners (whatever your ITRA rating is)
- 3h00 : Wave 4 for 500 runners with an ITRA rating between 300 and 480pts.
- 3h10 : Wave 5 for 500 runners with an ITRA rating less than 300pts.
Starts XL, XXL Day 2 and Marathon-Expérience (Sunday)
Start will be given from 9:00 am in waves of 350 runners maximum.
Your race time will start when you cross the start line.
The time barriers are calculated on the starting time of the last wave.
Starting waves (the information above are an estimation of distribution according to the ITRA ranking os the person registered. The precise distribution will be made 45 days before the event):
- 9h00 : Wave 1 - 350 runners - ITRA ranking higher than 460
- 9h15 : Wave 2 - 350 runners - ITRA ranking between 300 and 459
- 9h30 : Wave 3 - 350 runners - ITRA ranking less than 300 our runners without ITRA ranking and aiming to finish the race between 7 and 8 hours
- 9h45 : Wave 4 - 350 runners - ITRA ranking less than 300 our runners without ITRA ranking and aiming to finish the race between 8 and 10 hours
Information about the assistance areas
The assistance areas are the only places where an accompanying person can come to refuel and help a runner. They are located near the refreshement points. Except these specific places, any other assistance is prohibited even between runners.
In these areas, you can pick and drop anything you want between the green panel (zone entry) and the red panel (zone exit). When you leave this zone, remember to leave with all the mandatory equipment.
The accompanying persons who make the assistance will not be authorized to "enter" the "covered" area used for the runners refreshment points. This rule applies to all the runners, including elite runners.
Information about refreshment points
You will find details of the place of the refreshment points on the board above.
To have the details of the food present at the refreshment points, we invite you to consult the dedicated page.
Please note that the refreshment points are only available for the runners and not for the accompanying persons.
On the R-Race, refreshment points are only available for the runner who have just finished his relay before he has changed his clothes. Runners starting their relay will not be allowed to access to the refreshment points.
Drop bag information
Drop bag service is available for Ultra, XXL and XL-Race.
On the XXL and XL-Race, due to the absence of the bivouac option in 2021, we offer to the runners the possibility to carry on reservation a 90L bag instead of your dropbag. Detailed information can be found in the dedicated section of these pages.
Drop bags are to be dropped off on Friday when you collect your bib between 12:30 and 20:00.
The points where you will find your drop bag on the race are indicated on the bord above.
After your race, on the Ultra-Race you will be able to collect your drop bag from Saturday 5pm to Sunday 12am
On the XXL and XL-Race, you will be able to drop off the drop bags before the start of the race on day 2
Rules to respect for dropbags:
- You can only use the bag provided by the organization when you will collect your bib (size 40 x 35 x 15 cm)
- This bag closes with a zipper, but do not overload it.
- Drink or fragile things are forbidden. The organization is not responsible in case of breakage or loss.
- Nothing should protrude from the bag.
- If you put sticks on the bag, fold them and protect the tips.
- To collect your dropbag during and after the race, you will need to present your bib.
- Don't forget them after your race, no bags will be sent back by post.
Night from saturday to sunday for XL and XXL-Race
The bivouac option that was previously offered is not available this year because the Doussard gymnasium is no longer accessible due to the damage caused by last year's storm. However, for XL and XXL runers, we can carry a bag of 90-litres and 15 kilos maximum in Doussard or Giez instead of their Dropbag.
On day 1, runners will have to let this bag in place of the dropbag bag when you collect your bib. You will find it at the end of your first day : Giez for the XXL-Race or Doussard for the XL-Race.
On day 2, runners will have to let this bag before the start of the race in Doussard and will be abble to picked up at the MaXi-Village.
As there is a limited place, if you are interested by this option we invite you to contact us by email before the event as we need to estimate the number of bags to carry.
This mandatory equipment must be presented at the bib collection where checks will be made. No derogation will be accepted and the bib cannot be collected if the material is not presented.
For the R-Race, it is possible to present only 2 sets of mandatory equipment to collect the team's bibs.
- "Waterproof and breathable" jacket as Gore-Tex jacket :
- Ultra, XXL, Maxi, XL, Marathon, R-Race: mandatory
- Femina and Short-Race: depends on the weather condition. This will be specified when you will collect your bib. However, it is mandatory to bring the jacket with you when you collect your bib because checks can be carried out.
- Survival blanket in its original and uncut packaging.
- Mobile phone charged
- Water :
- 1 litre minimum container for Ultra, XXL, XL and MaXi-Race
- 0.75 litre container minimum for R-Race, Femina, Short and Marathon
- Water container in addition to your water supply (reusable cup type)
- Headlamp in operation:
- Ultra, XXL, XL Day 1, MaXi : all along the course (remember to take a second battery if necessary)
- R-Race: Mandatory for relay 1 (Start / Semnoz) and relay 4 (Menthon-St-Bernard / Finish) / Not mandatory for relays 2 and 3 (between Semnoz and Menthon-St-Bernard)
- Femina, Marathon, XXL and XL J2: not mandatory
- Personnal food and drink
- Suitable shoes (trail shoes type).
- Visible bib (to be placed on the front of the runner. On some races, a second microchip will be attached to the back of your backpack).
- Poles are authorized
- In case of bad weather, we strongly recommend that you adapt your equipment. You will run on a mountain route and technical clothing are strongly recommended + long pants + headgear (buff® or hat) + long gloves.
Information about Option
You will find bellow details and explanations of the different options that can be taken.
You can take these options when you register or later on your personal space before the platform is no longer accessible (around the beginning of April)
Live tracking by Appli or GPS with Dotvision
Dotvision Motion offers to follow you in real time on the GreenWeez MaXi-Race.
- Appli to download = 10€
For the short races you can use the application to upload to your smartphone.
Book this option when you register or later by going to your personal area and you will receive a code allowing you to use the application during the race.
- GPS tracking rental = 25€
For longer races, we advise you to rent a GPS tracker because depending on your smartphone the autonomy may not be sufficient. However, you can use the application if you have a powerbank for example.
Book this option when you register or later by going to your personal space.
Race profil with Trace de Trail
- Race profile = 3€
On your bib will be present the profile of the race but you can buy a race profile, made on a tear-proof and waterproof support, of a dimension of 16cm by 6cm.
On 1-day races, on the front side the race profile will be printed and on the back side the race table with time barriers where you can write your estimated passage times. On 2-day races, the profile of each day will be indicated on each side.
- Race profile with reel = 6€
In addition to the race profile, you can buy a reel system to attach your race profil with a clip on your backpack or clothing. It will allow you to visualize your profile and have it return to its position on its own.
You can take these options when you register or by going to your personal space. The profiles will be collected when you pick up your bibs on the MaXi-Village
Meal options will not be open at the time of registration. We are waiting for the evolution of the health protocols to know if we will open or not these options.
For information, you will find below the details of the 2020 edition:
We offer meals for runners as well as for those accompanying them.
Meals are taken in the tent of the MaXi-Village.
Friday: 18h30-21h30 / Saturday: 12h00-6h00 (Sunday - meal provided all night for finishers) / Sunday: 12h00-16h00
The price is 10€ for runners and 12€ for accompanying persons.
Following the success of last year, we have decided to renew the limited edition of the MaXi-casquette at the price of 10€.
Attention limited stock, think of reserving it when you register.
One size fits all.
The cap will be to be removed the weekend of the event at the MaXi-Boutique with the confirmation email.
Annecy lake 3d map
Do you want to keep a souvenir of your adventure in Annecy?
Discover the 3d map of the tour of Lake Annecy where you will find details of the main massifs as well as the historical route of the MaXi-Race, course of the 2015 IAU Trail World Championships.
Dimensions: 29.5cm by 19.5cm
This card can be ordered during your registration at the rate of 17€ and you could pick up the weekend of the event at the MaXi-Boutique with the confirmation email.