m of ascent
The XXL-Race is the Ultra-Race track to be runned in 2 days.
Even if the first day is the most difficult and long with the Semnoz ascent and the crossing of the Bauges, you should not underestimate the second day which will bring you to the chalet de l’Aulp and on the Mont Veyrier peaks.
Time limits are calculated so that a runner with an ITRA score of 300 points is finisher. If you have a lower ITRA score, you can register but it is likely that you will not be fast enough to pass the checkpoints within the time limit.
Detailed race informations
Detailed informations (crossing points, supplies, assistance areas, etc.) will be available at the end of september.
In order to collect your bib you will have to present an ID with your photo and your mandatory equipment.
In order to make the bibs collection fast, you will have time slots to collect it according to the race your participate. Details are available on the dedicated page.
If you cannot be present during these time slots, another person can pick it up for you if she presentats your mandatory equipment and a copy of your identity document.
For the R-Race (2 or 4) a person can pick up the bibs for the whole team if she presentats 2 sets of mandatory equipment.
Information about Ultra and XXL-race Day 1 (Saturday)
Detailed information will be available at the end of september
Starts XL, XXL Day 2 and Marathon-Expérience (Sunday)
Information on the start of these races will be communicated shortly.
Information about the assistance areas
The assistance areas are the only places where an accompanying person can come to refuel and help a runner. They are located near the refreshement points. Except these specific places, any other assistance is prohibited even between runners.
In these areas, you can pick and drop anything you want between the green panel (zone entry) and the red panel (zone exit). When you leave this zone, remember to leave with all the mandatory equipment.
The accompanying persons who make the assistance will not be authorized to "enter" the "covered" area used for the runners refreshment points. This rule applies to all the runners, including elite runners.
Information about refreshment points
You will find details of the place of the refreshment points on the board above.
To have the details of the food present at the refreshment points, we invite you to consult the dedicated page.
Please note that the refreshment points are only available for the runners and not for the accompanying persons.
On the R-Race, refreshment points are only available for the runner who have just finished his relay before he has changed his clothes. Runners starting their relay will not be allowed to access to the refreshment points.
Drop bag information
Drop bags are to be dropped off on Friday when you collect your bib between 12:30 and 20:00.
The points where you will find your drop bag on the race are indicated on the bord above.
After your race, on the Ultra-Race you will be able to collect your drop bag from Saturday 5pm to Sunday 12am
On the XXL and XL-Race, you will be able to drop off the drop bags before the start of the race on day 2
Rules to respect for dropbags:
- You can only use the bag provided by the organization when you will collect your bib (size 40 x 35 x 15 cm)
- This bag closes with a zipper, but do not overload it.
- Drink or fragile things are forbidden. The organization is not responsible in case of breakage or loss.
- Nothing should protrude from the bag.
- If you put sticks on the bag, fold them and protect the tips.
- To collect your dropbag during and after the race, you will need to present your bib.
- Don't forget them after your race, no bags will be sent back by post.
Bivouac and luggage services
All the information will be avalaible in october
This mandatory equipment must be presented at the bib collectiob where checks will be made. No derogation will be accepted and the bib cannot be collected if the material is not presented.
For the R-Race, it is possible to present only 2 sets of mandatory equipment to collect the team's bibs.
- "Waterproof and breathable" jacket as Gore-Tex jacket :
- Ultra, XXL, Maxi, XL, Marathon, R-Race: mandatory
- Femina and Short-Race: depends on the weather condition. This will be specified when you will collect your bib. However, it is mandatory to bring the jacket with you when you collect your bib because checks can be carried out.
- Survival blanket in its original and uncut packaging.
- Mobile phone charged
- Water :
- 1 litre minimum container for Ultra, XXL, XL and MaXi-Race
- 0.75 litre container minimum for R-Race, Femina, Short and Marathon
- Water container in addition to your water supply (reusable cup type)
- Headlamp in operation:
- Ultra, XXL, XL Day 1, MaXi, Short-Race: all along the course (remember to take a second battery if necessary)
- R-Race: Mandatory for relay 1 (Start / Semnoz) and relay 4 (Menthon-St-Bernard / Finish) / Not mandatory for relays 2 and 3 (between Semnoz and Menthon-St-Bernard)
- Femina, Marathon, XXL and XL J2: not mandatory
- Personnal food and drink
- Suitable shoes (trail shoes type).
- Visible bib (to be placed on the front of the runner. A second microchip will be attached to the back of your backpack).
- Poles are authorized
- In case of bad weather, we strongly recommend that you adapt your equipment. You will run on a mountain route and technical clothing are strongly recommended + long pants + headgear (buff® or hat) + long gloves.