m of ascent
The XXL-Race is the Ultra-Race track to be runned in 2 days.
Even if the first day is the most difficult and long with the Semnoz ascent and the crossing of the Bauges, you should not underestimate the second day which will bring you to the chalet de l’Aulp and on the Mont Veyrier peaks.
Time limits are calculated so that a runner with an ITRA ranking of 380 points will be finisher. If you have a lower ITRA ranking, you can take part in the race but we invite you to prepare and train seriously to be fast enough to pass the checkpoints within the time limits.
Detailed race informations
In order to collect your bib you will have to present an ID with your photo and your mandatory equipment.
In order to make the bibs collection fast, you will have time slots to collect it according to the race your participate. Details are available on the dedicated page.
Attention, because of the sanitary protocols and the obligatory control of the sanitary pass, the presence of the runner is obligatory during the withdrawal of the numbers.
For team races, all teammates must be present at the time of number collection
Saturday morning starts: Ultra, XXL J1, XL J1, MaXi, R-Race
Saturday's races will start from 12.00 am (in the night from friday to saturday)
For the Ultra, the XXL D1, the MaXi and the XL D1, the distribution within the waves will be done according to the Performance index that you will have at the time of the attribution of the bibs which is done 15 days before the date of the event. Once the bib numbers have been assigned, no modification can be made.
For the R-Race, all runners will start in wave number 3.
Possibility to wait on site after the withdrawal of the numbers
- You have the possibility to reserve a meal on Friday evening, served between 6:30 pm and 10:30 pm by going to your personal space and clicking on "Edit my entry".
- People who have reserved a meal will be able to wait in the marquee until the start of the race.
- Please note that the marquee will only be accessible to people who have reserved a meal and no equipment will be left on site.
More information :
- Your race time will start when you cross the start line.
- Time barriers are calculated on the start time of the last wave.
Waves of start :
- 12am : Wave 1 - Elite runner (runners with a performance index between 790 and 950 pts) + 500runners with a performance index higher than 540pts
- 12.10am : Wave 2 for 500 runners with a performance index between 480 and 540pts.
- 12.20am: Wave 3 for the R-Race runners (whatever your performance index)
- 12.30am : Wave 4 for 500 runners with a performance index between 300 and 480pts.
- 12.40am : Wave 5 for 500 runners with a performance index less than 300pts.
To know your performance index you can consult this link
Starts XL, XXL Day 2 and Marathon-Expérience (Sunday)
Start will be given from 8:30 am in waves of 350 runners maximum.
Your race time will start when you cross the start line.
The time barriers are calculated on the starting time of the last wave.
Starting waves (the information above are an estimation of distribution according to the performance index of the person registered. The precise distribution will be made 15 days before the event):
- 8h30 : Wave 1 - 350 runners - performance index higher than 460
- 8h45 : Wave 2 - 350 runners - performance index between 300 and 459
- 9h00 : Wave 3 - 350 runners - performance index less than 300 our runners without performance index
- 9h15 : Wave 4 - 350 runners - runners without performance index
For the runners without performance index, the distribution between the wave 3 and 4 will be done at random
To know your performance index, you can click here
Information about the assistance areas
The assistance areas are the only places where an accompanying person can come to refuel and help a runner. They are located near the refreshement points. Except these specific places indicated above, any other assistance is prohibited even between runners.
In these areas, you can pick and drop anything you want between the green panel (zone entry) and the red panel (zone exit). When you leave this zone, remember to leave with all the mandatory equipment.
The accompanying persons who make the assistance will not be authorized to "enter" the "covered" area used for the runners refreshment points. This rule applies to all the runners, including elite runners.
The accompanying persons must be masked
Information about refreshment points
You will find details of the place of the refreshment points on the board above.
To have the details of the food present at the refreshment points, we invite you to consult the dedicated page.
Please note that the refreshment points are only available for the runners and not for the accompanying persons.
On the R-Race, refreshment points are only available for the runner who have just finished his relay before he has changed his clothes. Runners starting their relay will not be allowed to access to the refreshment points.
Drop bag information
Drop bag service is available for Ultra, XXL and XL-Race.
On the XXL and XL-Race, due to the absence of the bivouac option in 2021, we offer to the runners the possibility to carry on reservation a 90L bag instead of your dropbag. Detailed information can be found in the dedicated section of these pages.
Drop bags are to be dropped off on Friday when you collect your bib.
The points where you will find your drop bag on the race are indicated on the bord above.
After your race, on the Ultra-Race you will be able to collect your drop bag from Saturday 1pm to Sunday 12am
On the XXL and XL-Race, you will be able to drop off the drop bags before the start of the race on day 2
Rules to respect for dropbags:
- You can only use the bag provided by the organization when you will collect your bib (size 40 x 35 x 15 cm)
- This bag closes with a zipper, but do not overload it.
- Drink or fragile things are forbidden. The organization is not responsible in case of breakage or loss.
- Nothing should protrude from the bag.
- If you put sticks on the bag, fold them and protect the tips.
- To collect your dropbag during and after the race, you will need to present your bib.
- Don't forget them after your race, no bags will be sent back by post.
Transport of bag for the night from saturday to sunday for XL and XXL-Race
The bivouac option that was previously offered is not available this year because the Doussard gymnasium is no longer accessible due to the damage caused by last year's storm. However, for XL and XXL runers, we can carry a bag of 90-litres and 15 kilos maximum in Doussard or Giez instead of their Dropbag.
On day 1, runners will have to let this bag in place of the dropbag bag when you collect your bib. You will find it at the end of your first day : Giez for the XXL-Race or Doussard for the XL-Race.
On day 2, runners will have to let this bag before the start of the race in Doussard and will be abble to picked up at the MaXi-Village.
As there is a limited place, if you are interested by this option please fill the form : https://forms.gle/cGvwqgt9KNKobZKz8
This mandatory equipment must be presented at the bib collection where checks will be made. No derogation will be accepted and the bib cannot be collected if the material is not presented.
For the R-Race, it is possible to present only 2 sets of mandatory equipment to collect the team's bibs.
- "Waterproof and breathable" jacket as Gore-Tex jacket :
- Ultra, XXL, Maxi, XL, Marathon, R-Race, Night : mandatory
- Femina and Short-Race: depends on the weather condition. This will be specified when you will collect your bib. However, it is mandatory to bring the jacket with you when you collect your bib because checks can be carried out.
- Survival blanket in its original and uncut packaging.
- Mobile phone charged
- Water :
- 1 litre minimum container for Ultra, XXL, XL and MaXi-Race
- 0.75 litre container minimum for R-Race, Femina, Short and Marathon
- Water container in addition to your water supply (reusable cup type)
- Headlamp in operation:
- Ultra, XXL, XL, MaXi, Night, R-Race, Marathon : all along the course (remember to take a second battery if necessary)
- Femina, Marathon: not mandatory
- Proof of a health pass valid between October 29 and 21, 2021
- Personnal food and drink
- Suitable shoes (trail shoes type).
- Visible bib (to be placed on the front of the runner. On some races, a second microchip will be attached to the back of your backpack).
- Poles are authorized
- In case of bad weather, we strongly recommend that you adapt your equipment. You will run on a mountain route and technical clothing are strongly recommended + long pants + headgear (buff® or hat) + long gloves.
Information about Option
You will find bellow details and explanations of the different options that can be taken.
You can take these options when you register or later by going on your personal space and clicking on "Edit my entry" before the 04th of october.
Live tracking by Appli or GPS with Dotvision
Dotvision Motion offers to follow you in real time on the GreenWeez MaXi-Race.
- Appli to download = 10€
For the short races you can use the application to upload to your smartphone.
Book this option when you register or later by going to your personal area and you will receive a code allowing you to use the application during the race.
- GPS tracking rental = 25€
For longer races, we advise you to rent a GPS tracker because depending on your smartphone the autonomy may not be sufficient. However, you can use the application if you have a powerbank for example.
Book this option when you register or later by going to your personal space.
Race profil with Trace de Trail
- Race profile = 3€
On your bib will be present the profile of the race but you can buy a race profile, made on a tear-proof and waterproof support, of a dimension of 16cm by 6cm.
On 1-day races, on the front side the race profile will be printed and on the back side the race table with time barriers where you can write your estimated passage times. On 2-day races, the profile of each day will be indicated on each side.
- Race profile with reel = 6€
In addition to the race profile, you can buy a reel system to attach your race profil with a clip on your backpack or clothing. It will allow you to visualize your profile and have it return to its position on its own.
You can take these options when you register or by going to your personal space. The profiles will be collected when you pick up your bibs on the MaXi-Village
Meals will be offered during the weekend of the event.
- The meal on Friday evening will be on reservation between 18h30 and 22h30
- Pasta party with bread and fruit, Price 12€.
- The runners taking the meal option will have the possibility to stay in the tent until the start of the race
- The reservation is made by going to your personal space and clicking on "Modify my registration".
- For the other days, you can buy tickets on the spot for 12€.
Following the success of last year, we have decided to renew the limited edition of the MaXi-casquette at the price of 10€.
Attention limited stock, think of reserving it when you register.
One size fits all.
The cap will be to be removed the weekend of the event at the MaXi-Boutique with the confirmation email.
Annecy lake 3d map
Do you want to keep a souvenir of your adventure in Annecy?
Discover the 3d map of the tour of Lake Annecy where you will find details of the main massifs as well as the historical route of the MaXi-Race, course of the 2015 IAU Trail World Championships.
Dimensions: 29.5cm by 19.5cm
This card can be ordered during your registration at the rate of 17€ and you could pick up the weekend of the event at the MaXi-Boutique with the confirmation email.